Iran referred to Security Council

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by tigerlaw, Jan 30, 2006.

1. tigerlaw

tigerlaw Founding Member

Iran's being referred (finally).

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/01/30/D8FFCENO0.html

I think the Bush administration is doing an excellent job in the way it is handling Iran. It's letting other countries try it "their way", and Iran is making these countries look foolish.

It'll be a dogfight in the Security Council, but the fact that it's there is a big step forward.
    :usaflagwa

2. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

A referral to the UN is always the first step. I think Russia's proposal will eventually be accepted by Iran, which is beginning to feel a lot of heat.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The Chinese will do everything they can to keep tensions high between Iran and China's main competitors, America and Europe. They will block UN Security Council resolutions as long as it keeps the situation boiling. They would love for America and Europe to independently impose economic sanctions for China would stand to pick up all of the business. China needs oil and Iran needs military and nuclear technology.

Iran and North Korea are going to be in bed with China for a long time. And they won't give them up until we give up Taiwan. Bet on it.

I fear that the sides in the next World War are starting to line up. Far more important than any Middle Eastern problem is getting the Russians over to our side before the next big war.

4. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

The Chinese people look out for 1 thing and that is the Chinese. They have learned how to use our system against us and they own 90% of our Politicians.

Including Presidents.

Clinton sold the White House to them cheap. They now own it and are leasing it back to us.

How many Chinese troops do you see doing peacekeeping missions.

That is where the next World War starts and they are a ruthless people. They make Saddam Hussein look like a Sunday school teacher.

5. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I think the UN should send Hillary to Iran and let her warn the Iranians that
    the big bad UN are going to threaten them which won't really work because
    of Red said.
    He is one smart cookie, I think Red and Calico are both right to a degree.
    The Chinese will use everyone they can and then turn against them.

6. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

I hate all the doomsdayers out there, rabbling on about the next World War. Unfortunately, I agree with you.

It's also troubling that I suspect getting the Russians on our side will ultimately be an exercise in futility as well.

7. CParso

CParso Founding Member

It will be interesting to see what happens...

Personally, I don't think there's going to be a World War. I like the insight here about it, but I just think too many people will do everything possible to avoid it. It won't happen unless they go on the offensive & attack, and I don't see that happening.

8. red55

There may not be another WWII-like world war, but there will be another one. Remember that World War III was the Cold War, which turned out to be an economic war and we won it by making the Soviets go bankrupt. Not shot was fired, at least not overtly.

World War IV may largely be a socio-economic war and China will have a big edge since they will pass the US economy as the worlds largest within three years with no signs of a slowdown. They get richer while we get deeper in debt.

We will likely be the military aggreessors, since military action is our best bet.

9. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

The IAEA finally voted to send Iran to the Security Council by a vote of 27-3 with 5 abstaining. http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,183802,00.html
    edit: Go figure Cuba, Syria, and Venezuela voted no. Cuba and Venezuela like to stick it to the US whenver they can and Syria wants to become a nuclear power too so any restrictions on Iran will hurt Syria's chances to go nuclear.

10. red55

Syria doesn't have anywhere near the funds to go nuclear. They do get $ millions of foreign aid from Iran, who also fund Hezbolla 100%.

This is why they never vote against Iran.