Is anyone else worried about...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MikebTiger, Jan 8, 2003.

1. MikebTiger

MikebTiger Founding Member

The lack of committments the Tigers have in the WR and LB positions???

I know we are stacked at WR for 2003, but I am concerned that after next year, Clayton and Henderson will be gone. I really beleive those are 2 NFL players that cannot be replaced quickly. LSU is on enough WRs that I comforable that at least a couple will step in and fill the void.

The big concern (for me) is at LB.

LB next year is a big question mark, outside of Cam Vaughn. LSU really needs a stud LB to step up soon. Marquis McBeath, are you reading this?? We really could use someone like you!!! Earl Everett - the Tigers need you, son!!

2. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I am sure they are trying like hell. They went wolfie bezerker on RB's and QB's.

I would like to see a great shut down corner myself.

LSU already has 5 of the top 100 players, maybe we are getting greedy here ;)

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Don't be surprised to see some of these QB and RB end up at WR or DB in a few years. It's happened enough in the past (Henderson, Gay, etc.) If Randall stays at LSU he might make a fine WR. He showed me breakaway speed on the 75-yard run in the cotton bowl that I didn't know he had.

There are still a couple of big time LB recruits on the hook, according to reports. You never know til February.

4. TigerLifer3

TigerLifer3 Founding Member

if LSU could get LaRon Landry that would be your shutdown corner...and I hope LSU picks up that linebacker from Texas Darius Ingram, according to Dandy Don he is suppose to be really good, and also Marques McBeth can play.

5. ChuckE

ChuckE Founding Member

Word is that Darius Ingram has given a verbal to the Tigers!

6. Yeh, Darius looks like a solid LB with good size.