Is it just me, or does the Carolina Panthers remind you of LSU?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerPrideLSU, Jan 19, 2004.

1. TigerPrideLSU

TigerPrideLSU Founding Member

This is why I think. No one thought Carolina would go to the Super Bowl. They got a QB that is always not as well known as the other one. They are always underrated. They don't get a whole lot of media love. What do yall think?

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I agree. And right now everybody in the media is all over New England' s bandwagon.

3. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I think maybe so this year but the Patriots remind me more of
    LSU than the Panthers.

Forget Tom Brady for 1 minute: this team doesn't have any superstars other than Ty Law, none.

This is a blue collar team and no one has expected them to win.

Thier coach reminds me of Nick Saban too, they play defense the
    same way and then there are 3 former LSU players on thier roster so that reminds me even more of LSU.

Their coaches know how to get Most out of what they have.

I think Stephen Davis and Tom Brady cancel each other out otherwise.

4. NCTiger

NCTiger Founding Member

Right on Tigerpride.

I live in North Carolina and I had the same thought watching last night's Panther game against Philly. Both under-rated going into the big games but winning with a suffocating defense and a QB that doesn't get enough credit.
    Panthers going to the Superbowl isn't near the bliss of my beloved Tigers winning the NC, but still pretty neat having my home NFL team going to the Superbowl.
    But now it's a tough call in the Superbowl... been pulling for the Panthers all year but how can I pull against a team with all those Tigers on board. I'll just be pulling for the x-Tigers to do well, win or lose.

5. TigerPrideLSU

TigerPrideLSU Founding Member

Yes, I am going for the Patriots in the SB. LSU, as Sourdoughman said, doesn't really have many big named players. I would love to see Ro, Kevin Faulk, Jarvis, and Brian Kinchen win a ring.

6. LSUfan636

LSUfan636 Founding Member

Faulk is the only ex-LSUplayer who was on the Pats when they won they super bowl, right?

7. Ectopic Tiger

Ectopic Tiger Founding Member

I'm pretty sure that's correct.

That game was in NO. I remember them trying to give Faulk a chance to throw a TD on a HB pass. That would've been sweet.

8. LSUfan636

LSUfan636 Founding Member

That would of been. That was a good game.

9. MikebTiger

MikebTiger Founding Member

both teams eximplify one thing for sure - Defense wins championships.

With as good as Lienart, etc. were - it blows my mind when folks debated the mythical title - that they did not go back to the old adage that has been proven true time and time again - Defense wins championships. Folks are saying it in reference to the 2 Super Bowl teams.

There should be no question in anyone's mind as to who the best defense in the country belonged to in 2003.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The Patriots remind me a lot more of LSU than the Panthers. A blitzing Bill Belichek defense - blitzing Nick Saban defense. Both teams running back by committee.