Is Keiland Williams in the doghouse?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Oct 20, 2007.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

This is ridiculous to the point of being totally absurd.

He makes 1 great play (something this offense seems to be lacking, i.e., playmakers) and he is punished for it by not seeing the field the rest of the first half.

He has 40 carries in nearly 8 games now. Five carries per game, folks. He averages 7 yards per carry in extremely limited duty.

Someone give me the inside scoop on this. This kid came out as a freshman and lit it up. It's not due to lack of experience. He gives us the BEST chance at succeeding on offense.

Simply put, WTF??????

1 person likes this.
  2. CTIGER

CTIGER Founding Member

This question happens every week , just with different players. Last week it was Charles Scott. Who knows, it is truly hard to figure out with Les why he does this. For some reason Keiland hasn't seen the field much for the last few games.

3. Purple Reign

Purple Reign Founding Member

Scott last week. Keiland this week.

I see a pattern. The pattern is this, if someone is hot, lets piss on the fire.

You get purple star karma from me my friend.

1 person likes this.
  4. burningitup

burningitup Founding Member

Yeah, I told my wife after that TD he would not get the ball until the 2nd half now. I know Hester runs hard but some of those runs would be much bigger gains I think if Williams was in.

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Williams is a proven go to guy (see last half of last season).

He is a home run hitter. You don't get that with any of the other backs. He is reliable. He doesn't fumble.

Richard Murphy is getting more PT than him right now. Something's wrong with this picture. Something we may never know about.

6. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Maybe Les knows something we don't. Alls I know is Murphy, Scott and Williams have fresh legs for the home stretch.

1 person likes this.
  7. CParso

CParso Founding Member

His carries have dropped off a lot because he isn't seeing the holes very well. He runs to where the hole is supposed to be, not necessarily where it is. He's a playmaker, but that doesn't matter if he runs into the backs of the OLine.

1 person likes this.
  8. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

That the same thing I hear. They have a package of plays for him designed to get him in space, which is where he excels. But to line him up at TB and have him read blocks is not something he does well right now.

Scott is getting better, tho.

9. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

He also has a bruised shoulder. Another RB told me this. They know it hurts him and a solid hit would certainly result in either further injury, or a fumble. Both bad.

10. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Well, that's the most lodgical response to the question. Thanks for bringing mentioning it.