Is Miles just not offering or are recruits waiting for signing day.

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by max, Jan 24, 2005.

1. max

max Founding Member

We have another 7 or 8 scholarships to give. Powe's commitment is shaky and he won't qualify. We have lost three commitments since Saban left and we may lose more and we have not gotten any commitments if you don't count Powe.

Is Miles holding off on some guys to see if the gold chips decide to come to us?

There are alot of 3 star recruits in Louisiana that have committed to other schools, OSU commits, and other guys like JC S Marvin White that we could probably get if Miles went after them.

Does anyone know what is going on?

It seems to me that we might have less than the 83 scholarship players that we are allowed come September.

2. philter

philter Founding Member

What's going on is the transition between two different coaching staffs. I suggest we all just relax and accept this year will be an 'off year' with our 2nd highest quality rating, and look forward to a powerful year next year on and off the field.

3. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Looks like you are correct. Miles is going to have earn next year's group with how the team does this year.

4. JVincent25

JVincent25 Founding Member

We are still signing all of the top talent in Louisiana this year, it just isn't a good year depth-wise. These players from LA are going to Auburn, Ole Miss, etc. because we are not offering them. Don't be too concerned, it is extremely hard to go out of state and get 4 and 5 star prospects as it is, you can't expect that much in a transition year.

5. BillTiger

BillTiger Freshman

This year is a transition year between two coaches and a down year in Louisiana talent. Combine this with the great recruiting classes of the last few years (quantity and quality) and this year logically has to be a breather. I don't think this will be a problem for us in the long run.

I agree with you. Everyone needs to relax.

6. axd9142

axd9142 Founding Member

The only thing this years recruiting will prove is how good Miles is as a recruiter.
    His ability to recruit will to some extent determine how good the next few seasons are.

7. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

No, next season when he actually has a DC, a year under his belt, and a full recruiting season will determine how good of a recruiter he is...