Is the Giants' Brandon Jacobs. . .

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LuvDoc, Oct 23, 2006.

1. LuvDoc

LuvDoc Founding Member

Is he the one that at one poitnt was an LSU commit, then ended up at auburn but never saw the field. Looks good running tonight. Didn't Saban want to make him a linebacker?

2. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

I'm not sure about that one. I saw him play in High School. He ran slap over my lil sister's boyfriend. :hihi: Funniest damn thing I ever saw in my life.

3. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Yep that's him...

4. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

he was at auburn and transferred because they had two pretty good backs and went to a smaller college and played linebacker.....hes looking pretty good tonight at rb.

5. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

Brandon Jacobs left AU after the 2003 season to go on to play running back for Southern Illinois.......didn't play linebacker. Played his senior season for the Salukis (2004) then went on to the NFL.

I found this for further clarification.....doesnt seem like he ever commited or liked LSU!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandon_Jacobs

6. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

Don't know if he was ever a LSU commit, but when he came out of JUCO he said he was going to AU because they had stuck with him. He knew the position was stacked when he came to AU, there was talk about switching him to LB, but he wanted to be a RB. When he went to SI he ran into the same situation he was in at AU, some other big time back also transferred to SI and he still split time.

7. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

wow... so there's a new guy to root against...

8. KajunKenny

KajunKenny Founding Member

You beat me to it... I was just about to post that... this dude sux!

9. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

never heard of jacobs saying he hates LSU, but jacobs did see the field at AU. He played several games and showed limited success.

IMO, he didn't get enough snaps to get into a rhythm in most of the games he saw, and Brandon is definitely a player that gets stronger as the game wears on. He's a load, and fun to watch. The game against Wyoming comes to mind .... he romped, made several big runs, and one TD where he crumpled the Wyoming safety who was trying to lay wood.

He would've seen a lot more playing time if (a) he had been willing to switch positions (TE, LB, FB), or (b) if Caddy or Ronnie either one had been injured.

10. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

A guy that is 6'4" 250 lbs simply should not be playing RB.