is the lsu defense the standard to rate sec qb's?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by snorton938, Mar 8, 2004.

1. snorton938

snorton938 Founding Member

is the lsu defense the standard that pro scouts will use to evaluate sec quarterbacks? my answer is yes......2 cases in point:

1. the first georgia game and sec champ game where true georgia had a young offensive line but david green still had trouble reacting

2. the ole miss game where true the offensive line was seasoned but eli manning really set himself a part by his ability to read varying blitz packages

result.....eli's stock goes up and green's down.....(p.s. apologize if his last name is spelled greene).

2. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

ELI will be a bust in the NFL. He can't throw the long ball with any velocity or accuracy. I know LSU had the best defense in the land last year but the 2 long passes (30 yards or longer) ELI completed against our killer D was due to Travis Daniels and Jack Hunt losing their footing on the turf.

Snort, Are you making any gumbo today?

3. snorton938

i don't know......i questioned his brother's ability in the pocket (he tended to get "happy" feet under pressure)......and he just signed for $99M.......and a final thought......i think that a qb has 10 times the impact on his team than a 3rd baseman in baseball.....if this is true and a-rod gets $250M then peyton should have signed for $2.5B.....he needs to complain about being underpaid.......

4. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Disagreed. No way Eli will be a bust. He is a student of the game just like Dad and bro. He may not come out this season and break rookie QB records, but in due time he will be a player.

5. snorton938

to be honest......the best qb i think is the one they are saying is going to go 3rd......maybe even in the 2nd round......it's the kid rivers from nc state......he impressed me more than both eli and the kid from miami ohio (won't even try to spell his name).......

6. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

It's spelled BEN

Ben R.

7. snorton938

lol......got it.....

8. Tigersmack

Tigersmack Founding Member

I agree, I think

ELI will be a great NFL QB. But if I had a top pick as an NFL GM, I'd have to take the Ben kid. I saw him several times towards the end of last year and that guy is big, strong and very accurate.

In my opinion, I think ELI will be better than Peyton.....

9. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

The last time a Manning came out in the draft, he was passed over and it was indeed a mistake. This time, the NFL will draft based upon the lineage, and again, will make a mistake. Eli is not the best QB in the draft.

Is he a darn good QB who can play in the NFL? Yes.
    Is he more athletic than his older brother? Yes.
    Is he a student of the game like his brother? No.

Peyton lives, breathes, eats, sleeps football. Eli does not. Eli does his game prep and goes out and plays football. Peyton obsesses over every game, studying hours of film to be prepared. Eli's heart just doesn't beat like that for football.

Does that mean he won't be a successful NFL QB? No.

It just means he is not the best QB in the draft. I give that honor to Mr. Roethlesberger (sp). I think Ben R. is the prototype NFL QB. He is big, strong, physical, has a cannon for an arm, and plays smart. He didn't play against the best competition while at Miami of Ohio, but IMO, he will be a steal when he is passed over for Eli because some team doesn't want to be guilty of failing to draft a Manning.

10. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Peyton was picked first in his draft. There was a debate about him or Ryan Leaf going first. The Colts ended up taking Manning first and then San Diego took Leaf second. Both were viewed as can't miss prospects, but we know how that turned out.