istsl - bcs guru

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUstudent, Nov 28, 2004.

1. LSUstudent

LSUstudent Founding Member

is there any chance at all auburn can make it to the orange bowl assuming each team wins out

what if Auburn were to jump to #2 in both the AP & the coaches poll

it would be a complete travesty if an SEC team was undefeated & left out of the national championship game

2. AuNuma1

AuNuma1 Founding Member

Only way Auburn jumps to #2 is if one of them loses. Right now, all three are winning and Auburn is only falling farther behind.

3. Atreus21

Atreus21 Founding Member

Don't jump to conlusions yet. Keep in mind people were saying that LSU's best chance for going to the NC last year was for OU NOT to lose to Kansas St. in the conference championship. Just shows to go ya, you knever no.

:)

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Glad to see you're facing reality. It won't be so bad. You'll finish #3 and will have beaten Bama and LSU. That's about as good as it will ever get on the Plains. By the way. What will you take for that empty trophy case. We need some more shelf space..

5. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I normally don't like to laugh at others' misfortune but....

IN YOUR CASE I'LL MAKE AN EXCEPTION.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

CRY ME A RIVER THEN GO GET YOUR OWN FREAKIN' MASCOT.

PS is yo AD lookin' for Tubby's replacement NOW???????? :grin:

6. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Sweet irony that LSU pounds you into the dust last year, we win the Mississippi & Alabama State Championships, and win a National Title with a 13-1 record, and you guys will go 13-0 and wind up with...

7. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

Hey, TE - YO BEST POST EVER!!!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

8. Tigers Paw

Tigers Paw Founding Member

If any team in a big conference goes undefeated and does'nt play for it all it is a joke. Who's to say Utah does'nt deserve a shot.

9. Mr. Peabody

Mr. Peabody Founding Member

Some selfproclaimed BCS guru on another board that I post on did some calculations based on last seasons BCS Points system.

Here is what he came up with for this season if last years BCS points system was used.

1. Oklahoma 2.94
    2. So Cal 3.24
    3. Auburn 7.12
    4. Texas 10.86
    5. California 11.48
    6. Utah 14.58
    7. Boise State 19.88
    8. Miami(FL) 21.4
    9. Georgia 21.74
    10.Iowa 24.28

10. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Strength of schedule is what put us in the championship game last season and this season it makes up only a minute % of this years BCS formula and that hurts Auburn. This year the polls play a much much larger % of the BCS formula and that favors the media darlings USC. Plus USC is finished with their schedule so they are a lock. Both Auburn and Oklahoma play teams weaker than usual in their conference championship game. The only way I see Auburn moving ahead of Oklahoma is if OK loses. Even with a blowout by AU and a close game for Oklahoma I don't see Auburm making the jump to the title game. It's probably not fair because I think USC should be ranked no better than 3rd but it couldn't happen to a more deserving group after last years homo fling with USC.:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: