It was a good win...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by COramprat, Nov 6, 2010.

1. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

...but here comes a rant. The student section found a way to another level of vulgarity. I'm not sure why they think they have the right to say whatever they want. Looks like "Neck" will go the way of other popular tunes the band used to play.

I'm sure I'll get the same old arguments but its BS. When I was in school we generally refrained from vulgar statements and made it point to police ourselves and frowning upon those that went a little over the top. This generation revels in the fact that "we do whatever we want". To make a concerted effort to make up immature chants in order to "leave a legacy" or "maintain a tradition" (words I heard as an excuse) has no place in a venue that has young kids in attendance. I'm sure if you had a 4-5 year old with you, you'd understand...or maybe you don't care.

Grow up...

1 person likes this.
  2. Random LSU Fan

Random LSU Fan Founding Member

Way to really tell us who weren't at the game what they were doing.

3. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

whatever they did i didnt hear it where i was sitting. now what? i noticed neck wasnt played in the second half tho.

4. SyrTiger

SyrTiger ooo yea thats hot

Did you hear me?

5. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

what did they chant this time?

6. geauxgeauxhon

geauxgeauxhon blah blah blah

I didn't hear anything on TV, though I missed the 1st qtr and part of the 2nd as well.

7. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Why repeat it? Some students on this forum will chime in I'm sure. It was just another level of vulgarity that has no place in Tiger Stadium.

The season ticket holders in front of the student section certainly took offense to it and made it know to the few that could hear them. But I'm sure with this group it will just embolden them to do it again.

8. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

uggg...not this again. *biting my tongue*

9. lsu_mackey

lsu_mackey Agent Purple

I really think you should send this to Joe Alleva, it might actually make a difference.

Seriously though, what does it matter? Not to mention the fact that the band could choose not to play a song, the students pay for their tickets just as season ticket holders do and, of course, are the life of the stadium.

It's not going to change.

10. SyrTiger

SyrTiger ooo yea thats hot

Won't matter. They(we) were starting the chant when the band wasn't even playing.