It would be different if

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by desitiger, Jan 1, 2005.

1. desitiger

desitiger Founding Member

It would be different if Nick was staying at LSU. People wouldnt be saying bad comments about him about how he wasnt focused or intense. I was at the game and I saw him perfectly. I dont think the LSU coaches were out coached. I just think that they underestimated Iowa and the Big Ten like myself and probably alot of other people. Nick Saban is a great coach and if that didnt happen at the end, everyone talking bad about him would be thanking him for the comeback. I think he brought us some good memories here at LSU the last 5 years. Or at least he did for me. And my opinion we did play crappy but we had a good season cause it was a rollercoaster ride. I wish Nick good luck at Miami and want to see him succeed because I know he doesnt want anything bad for LSU and still wants to see LSU succeed.

2. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

well OK if you say so.....

hey we still had a GREAt year! :geaux:

We're gonna thump folks next year! :geaux:

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

If Saban underestimated the big 10 then he was out coached off the field as bad as he was out coached on the field. Piss poor game plan and a team that still can't figure out what their assignments are.

4. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

one word about why we lost.....DISTRACTION!

the whole Saban to Miami bullsh!t was a distraction to this team. Saban should not have coached the game, and Jimbo DEFINITELY should not be a head coach candidate.

5. desitiger

desitiger Founding Member

i agree with the distraction part but the last play was just a blown coverage..

6. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

I am just glad the whole thing is over. Nick is gone now. I, too, would like to thank him for the memories and the NC just last January. But I wonder how distracted the team was? Maybe they weren't very distracted. They showed some stuff in this game (bad stuff) that they had shown all year. Then they showed some good stuff. Basically, the Tigers got beat in most facets of the game. Came back, probably on superior, albeit young, talent, and then lost it. The Tigers will learn from this, but I suspect that many are glad this season is now in the books. Time to move on.

7. Ralph_Wiggum

Ralph_Wiggum Founding Member

Nick did not underestimate the big ten. He coached there for ten yeas as an asst and head coach. Nick knows they play top-notch fb in the big ten. I think SEC and LSU fans underestimated the big ten, since the big ten went 2-1 vs. the SEC.

Iowa just came better prepared and played the better game the whole 60 minutes.

Nick will do well in Miami.

8. Tiger71334

Tiger71334 Freshman

THE TRUTH OF IT TIGER FANS, THEY HAVE PLAYED GAMES LIKE THIS ALL YEAR LONG, BUT TODAY THEY GOT BEAT BY A GOOD IOWA TEAM. THE DIFFERENCE WAS ONE PLAY IN THE FINAL SECONDS THAT COULD OF WENT THE OTHER WAY. THANKS TO THE TIGERS FOR A GREAT YEAR AND HOPEFULLY WE WILL KNOW WHO THE NEW COACH WILL BE IN THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS AND AS A TIGER FAN I KNOW GOOD THINGS ARE TO COME FOR LSU.

GEAUX TIGERS:lsup:
    TIGER71334