It's gonna be a long hot summer in Saudi

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by ramah, Jun 18, 2004.

1. ramah

ramah Founding Member

They slit 7 women's throats in Khobar at the Oasis during the attacks there ... it was never reported. Nothing amazing about a simple beheading ... these asswipes promised it ... they delivered it ... no surprise.

Lots of my co-workers went to the Oasis to visit friends and work out and play raquet ball. They don't go any more. Most of my co-workers are running scared and have sent their women and kids home, and shiver now waiting for the news that comes daily. They all fear repeat Terrorist attacks ... and the beheading of this poor chopper mechanic from Jersey by these cowards just reinforces the idea. Riyadh is so devoid of technical help ... the cookie may soon start to crumble there. A few staying and showing little fear are Cajuns like myself and a few Texans. Guess we're just crazy like everyone says ... LOL. The Saudis kill 'em these Al-Qaeda freaks as fast as they can catch and torture them ... the king here has no mercy for these bastids. The Al-Qaeda sniping and kidnapping will continue ... security here in Saudi is beefed up unlike it has ever been and should quell the major crap soon enough ... but the small incidents probably will go on.
    Look for another handful of kidnappings and attacks for the rest of the year.
    I expect it. I ain't scared. We're well protected by the King and Company. When it's my time to die ... God knows where I am ... and he can come tap this LSU Tiger on the shoulder any time. But I'll be damned to hell for all eternity without any LSU FB game reruns ... If I turn my back and run away from a very lucrative career because of these goat-roping cowards that kill women and kids. Yeah, there are some over here who ain't runnin' scared ... but we ain't flying our US flags and advertising ourselves as Americans either

Looking forward to a July home visit and a boudin/cracklin run in Opelousas and Sunset ...

us infidels needs a good infusion of pork and alcohol every once and awhile :wink:

2. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Ramah,
    Glad to hear from you and I think about you often when this type of thing happens.

Reading your post helps me understand why some of you stay over there but if I was president I would bring all American Civilians home from Iraq and Saudi Arabia if we can't provide better protection or find these thugs.
    There is no way civilians should be in Iraq and "easy targets" for the enemy like they are, This country and government has failed miserably because innocent civilians aren't
    safe in Iraq.

They need to come home until Iraq and Saudi Arabia are more stable countries with better security.

3. lsugrad00

lsugrad00 Founding Member

Man I can't even imagine the daily stress you and your coworkers go through.

Do you think the King will ever be able to control the religious zelots in that country? I can't comprehend six people being deheaded and no one blinking an eye.

4. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

I'd never ever go or be somewhere that I couldnt go out side and yell I'm American and I'm proud of it and wave old glory.

Ramah You got stones, but I have more. Reason why? If Dubyah handed me the key to blow the whole place up, the damn king and his stinking grandmaw and you too. I'd send you a note on tiger forums to say your damn prayers.
    If I were you, I'd find me a good job state side.

Saudis, towelheads, Iranians, all the bastids over there, need to be bombed. Dead, B52's wing tip to wing tip carpet bomb the whole f**kin place.

I could give to ****s if it's politically or morally correct. Call it blanket punishment, it works.

5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Glad to see you're doing well and hope all other Americans there are. No disrespect intended but get your head out of your ass and get home!!!! :cuss: :cuss: :cuss: It's not a matter of being scared it's a matter of being smart. No amount of money is worth your life and even though TE might not miss you I'm sure your family would. As much as you may like it there and as much as you may make believe me if Mr Johnson could speak he would tell you the same. Be careful and get yourself a plane ticket soon. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa :usaflagwa

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Ramah, I didn't properly realize how much the Saudis were still dependent on western technical assistance. So many Saudis have gotten American technical educations, I would have thought they were beginning to carry their own load.

Take their money, amigo, but watch your back.

7. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Ramah, I'm sure most of us hope that you decide to come home--sooner, rather than later, and we don't mean in a pine box.

Come back to the U.S.

8. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

Ramah - my man.

Get thine self home NOW in one piece.

God bless ya out there buddy.

Much respect & love for you and your wife....

9. Mr. Peabody

Mr. Peabody Founding Member

raham

Good to hear from you.

Be smart and come home safely.

God Bless you and the rest of the guys over there.

10. ramah

ramah Founding Member

They just killed 4 ringleaders today ... caught them in a gas station and shot the hell out of 'em. It's on yahoo ...

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm..._ea/saudi_kidnapped_american&cid=540&ncid=716

Thanks for all the encouragement, folks

but again ... we ain't running from these bastids ... Bush has squads here in Saudi coordinating satellite coverage and helping the Government troops hunt these last remaining cells down ... and they are limited to small-time strikes ... no trials when they're caught ... just death and torture to give up information ... the military here is brutal ... on orders from the Royal Family to crush these bastids ... If only Uncle George would get his act together on foreign policy ...

35,000 + Americans remain with many families already gone and geared to go ...

I'm fortunate enough to be in an elite cadre of just a few thousand remaining Americans with Aramco ... the King's own Oil Company ... we're the safest and most secure of all Americans remaining here.