Its Time for Predictions

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bengal B, Jul 14, 2014.

1. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

Yep and yep.

The SEC W is up for grabs right now and has talent all throughout it. It will be an extremely exciting season all around the league. Having a solid O line means a lot more than most people give credit for, because O lines are often overlooked. I think that factor on offense and of course our great D and great ST is what secures my belief that LSU has the talent on campus right now creep through unbeaten (even with a true freshman QB), but "any given Saturday" anything is possible. I am worried about the back to back @ Auburn @ Florida the most to be honest.

Cant get here soon enough.

LSUDad and TigerTap like this.
  2. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

The Wisconsin game is huge, partially because I think a lot of us "expect" a win and it's on a national stage in primetime. If we win, the schedule allows us to get a couple of easy wins and ease into the season. If we lose, the negatigers will make us question every decision from QB to number of carries for each RB.

While there are a lot of scenarios that could result in a generally successful season, I think the ultimate goal is to get in the 4 team playoff. Start the season in Houston and end it in Dallas.

StaceyO and LSUDad like this.
  3. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Les and the Tigers have done well with the OOC games over the years, an has done well starting the season off. Having watched the Wisky Spring game, the loss of all their starting front 7. Even with this the Spring game final was 6-0. I can see both team lining up and seeing who can run the ball. I give the edge to Cam, why not. Last year our 3 down conversions were over 57%, not one NFL team finished about 50%. Only one team had a better % over the years. LSU and Cam did something no team did, 57%. That tells me Cam knows what to call and when to call it. Metts biggest fault, if you want to call it one, making the throws to mainly OBJ and Landry. After looking at some of last years games, the TE and Backs were open all too often. Mett made his reads and still made NFL throws to make it work. Back on the 57%, it also tells me Cam sees a weakness in a defense and will use the plays to exploit it.

Last year I said that teams better get their shots in on Chief, they won't get this chance all to often. He has what he needs to make his defense work, two lock down CB's. From there, its my 9 against your 9. I like the odds.

I like the return of BD Peveto, he is a very good Special Teams coach, an is a thinking ahead guy on the sidelines, this can only be too good.

Too much to like in this years season.

The last time LSU was beat by a&m? 1995
    a&m avg points per game, against LSU? Under 15 ppg. They avg over 44 ppg the last two years.

Many think this could be Miss Sts. year, last time they beat LSU in Tiger Stadium? 1991, 11 straight losses in TS and 14 straight overall.

Gonna be a good year, enjoy it folks.

TigerTap, LSU_4_LIFE, didit and 3 others like this.
  4. Tiger Exile

Tiger Exile Long time lurker

Many think this could be Miss Sts. year, last time they beat LSU in Tiger Stadium? 1991, 11 straight losses in TS and 14 straight overall.

Gonna be a good year, enjoy it folks.[/QUOTE]

And that win was a gift from the zebras. Dude crawled into the endzone if he even made it at all...it still pisses me off because I never wanted to lose to Jackie Sherrill.

LSUDad likes this.
  5. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

And that win was a gift from the zebras. Dude crawled into the endzone if he even made it at all...it still pisses me off because I never wanted to lose to Jackie Sherrill.[/QUOTE]
    I try to forget those

6. LSU_4_LIFE

Jesse Palmers believes LSU will finish 5th in SEC West

LSUDad likes this.
  7. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

4 straight 10 or more win seasons, Chief, Cam and BD Peveto, too good of a staff. Who is gonna beat us? I could make a case that LSU could win every game.

StaceyO and didit like this.
  8. 1BIGTIGER

1BIGTIGER Founding Member

He has had one to many cream filled tube steaks. I would love to know who that ass hat has above LSU. What a Fing joke!

TigerTap and titoabad1 like this.
  9. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

Anyone worried about what the two minute offense will look like this season? Wonder how much excitement the running game will bring when the tigers need 80 yards and a score with very little clock to win a important game?

10. LSU_4_LIFE

I am not sure in what order, but he has Auburn, Bama, Ole Miss and Miss St. all finishing ahead of LSU in the west. This is based on his predictions during SEC media days on College Football Live yesterday afternoon. Danny Kanell has LSU finishing 3rd behind the 2 Alabama schools. But Kanell said he feels it can really go any direction

I can see Ole Miss and Miss State having good seasons, but I don't see them beating LSU in Tiger Stadium.

didit and TigerTap like this.