Ivan Maisel Chat

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MobileBengal, Oct 7, 2003.

1. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Interesting. Someone asked this question earlier:

Steve (Atlanta): Come on Ivan answer please, In your mind who are the best 5 teams in the country at this moment regardless of rank, record or anything else. Simply who are the best teams?

Ivan Maisel: (4:55 PM ET ) Oklahoma, Florida State, Miami, Virginia Tech, Ohio State.

Then this popped up three questions later:

jag (Memphis): Ivan, it's in the sweet tea! pull up a seat to the SEC table.

Ivan Maisel: (4:57 PM ET ) Yeah, maybe LSU instead of Ohio State.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=4110

2. TexTiger

TexTiger Founding Member

shows what he knows, he listed off the Top 5 without giving any thought to it

3. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

So few of the sportscasters will actually go out on a limb with any predictions. I know that Corso can look like a buffoon a lot of times, but at least he forms an opinion.

4. Bengaleze

Bengaleze Founding Member

Let's face it guys.....

Until we break through and win the big one or at least play in the big game, we'll never be thought of with the big dogs. I can remember when VT was making their breakthrough run about 5-7 yrs. ago. They didn't will it all, but they played for it all and were up there for several seasons. If we win, it'll be alright.

5. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

He also said that Nick Saban was on his short list for Coach of the Year at this point...and said that if OU, FSU, and the Ohio State University lost this weekend, Miami would be #1, with LSU and Arkansas being #'s 2 and 3...

Sweet...

6. Tigah Fan

Tigah Fan Founding Member

LSU was mentioned a lot in the chat session. I'm not complaining about the attention LSU is getting at this point. If we keep winning we'll get the credit we deserve. I disagree with the comments Trev Alberts made about Georgia being a better team on ESPN last weekend but when we keep putting "W's" in the win/lose column he will have to eat his words.
    In addition to the initial thread:

jag (Memphis): Auburn, Arkansas, LSU -- they will all fall. Ole Miss sneaks in and steals the West. Your thoughts...

Ivan Maisel: (4:55 PM ET ) Send me whatever you're imbibing.

Jeff (Columbus): Who are your early candidates for coach of the year?

Ivan Maisel: (5:14 PM ET ) Joe Novak at Northern Illinois, Nick Saban at LSU, Bob Stoops (again) at OU.....I could think of more, but I'm trying to cram more questions in.

Wasim(Dallas): Winners : OU vs. UT UM vs. FSU OSU vs. UW UGA vs. UT LSU vs. UF

Ivan Maisel: (5:16 PM ET ) OU, FSU, OSU, UGA, LSU

Dan (Cincy): What happens if OU, FSU, and OSU all lose this weekend?

Ivan Maisel: (5:30 PM ET ) That makes my head hurt. Miami is No. 1, LSU and Arkansas move into position A, and Mack Brown announces his candidacy for governor.

7. aztiger03

aztiger03 Founding Member

funny it is going to happen. FSU will beat Miami however. LSU #2 on Sunday

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

We all know that this could be . . . "The Year".

It's kind of fun watching the talking heads catch on. Slowly. One by one. This is the best LSU team in 30 years.

Maisel knows. My buck says Herbstreit will be the last to figure it out.

9. Lump

Lump Founding Member

this is the first time i've read maisel say anything remotely positive about LSU...he picked UGA to win, and even afterwards mimicked the thoughts of ofther talking heads that UGA is still the best team in the SEC. i guess he has one foot on the bandwagon now.

10. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

We have won one big game this year against Georgia. That earned us a spot in the top 10, but it didn't garner the respect I was hoping for.

The Gameday crew, at about 10:30 that evening, said, "The better team did not win here today."

I don't agree with that. I feel that our two teams were very evenly matched, and we came out on top. I don't think Georgia was "better." If they had been, they'd have certainly won with the opportunities presented to them in the first half.

We owned the 2nd half of that game, with the exception of the 93-yard screen.

Still, this is an amazing year, and "all" LSU has to do is keep winning.