Jae Thaxton

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by conradj, Jan 16, 2004.

1. conradj

conradj Founding Member

OK, this dude had 200 tackles this year and has 606 career tackles. It says here that Saban visited him at home recently. He sure would be a nice replacement for Kuale if he is gone.

link

2. Coachrock78

Coachrock78 Freshman

Thaxton

I saw this kid in person at 7 on 7 camp at Presbyterian College in South Carolina. He's the real deal. He has unbelievable speed for a LB. College coaches that pass through our school are pretty high on him, but they seem to think that he's a lock for Georgia -- the Bulldawgs, however, are supposedly running short of scholarships.

3. conradj

conradj Founding Member

This is only the second time I hear his name mentioned with LSU. He is taking a visit though, so you never know

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

What's up with Kuale?

5. conradj

conradj Founding Member

Something with his grades or classes transferring over. There is a chance he may back out if he already didnt.

6. Ellessyou

Ellessyou Freshman

Kuale's coach was quoted in the paper (forget which) saying Kuale was still solid for LSU, but that he might not enroll until the spring semester '05.

We know Stevenson and Wroten signed their LOI and practiced with the team before the SB. Kuale didn't. It's hard to know what's going on with these kids during active recruiting b/c the schools can't discuss them. But Kuale's coach's comments are the firmest thing I've seen/read.

7. Ellessyou

Ellessyou Freshman

Kuale's coach was quoted in the paper (forget which) saying Kuale was still solid for LSU, but that he might not enroll until the spring semester '05.

We know Stevenson and Wroten signed their LOI and practiced with the team before the SB. Kuale didn't. It's hard to know what's going on with these kids during active recruiting b/c the schools can't discuss them. But Kuale's coach's comments are the firmest thing I've seen/read.

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

This is work out to our advantage to have him count towards next year's recruiting pool anyway.

9. Turbotigerfan

Turbotigerfan Founding Member

Seems like I read or heard somewhere the deal with Kuale is one of his classes wouldn't transfer over so he didn't meet the minimum requirements.