Jaime and John

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by friday, Mar 3, 2004.

1. friday

friday Founding Member

what is going on here? obviously, jaime is hurt but the LSU trainers have cleared him to play. he's going to miami to get a "second opinion" but meanwhile he is "no longer a member of the basketball team".

this really smells as though the two have had a falling out. does jaime no longer want to play for john brady. is he really concerned about jeopardizing his nba career? I didn't think the injury was that bad. wouldn't be the first player to exit BR under brady's tenure. does anyone have any inside scoop on this weird turn of events?

2. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

There is post below that said he didn't want to risk his NBA career...Wouldn't have been what I would have done, but the guy comes from a poor, poor background and I kind of understand what he is doing...I don't like it one bit though...

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

i agree with dallaslsu.

i dont know how the guy feels, and i certainly can't fault him for worrying about his pro prospects. the whole point of going to college is to make yourself into a marketable and employable product. i would never risk a pro career.

it sucks, but i won't complain or hold it against him.

4. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

How would Lloreda be risking his pro career by sitting his ass on the bench tonight and being honored as a senior along with Thompson?

Injuries happen and are a part of the game. I understand not playing injured and wanting to protect your future ... but to quit the team because of these injuries tell me all I need to know about Lloreda!

Of course we saw his character when he elbowed the UF player and was suspended ... and when he broke the jaw of a fellow teammate and was suspended.

Classy guy...

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

has he officially "quit"?

6. TigerWins

7. BB

BB Founding Member

If he comes from such a poor, poor background, who is paying for him to go to Miami for a second opinion? Does the University fund that?

8. TigerWins

Possibly an agent?

That is one of several rumors floating around BR on talk shows...

9. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

With all the talk of Jaime's potential NBA career, as well as his sudden departure from the team, I smell a sports agent in here somewhere. Sort of like the DeWayne Scales episode, for those of us old enough to remember what went down there. It would certainly explain who's paying for a second opinion in Miami.

10. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Don't start getting into that for several reasons:

1) I don't think any of us know the rules regarding player injuries and how much the universitys athletic fund will pay.

2) You see this often so I am not going to even question how is paying for this, nor do I really care....