Jamarcus on "Inside the NFL"

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Oct 21, 2010.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

If anyone has showtime, on Inside the NFL for this week, Jamarcus was on there. He is working out with John Lucas in Houston of all places, home of the purple drank. He actually said he was worried about going to Houston to workout because of the stigma Houston has with coedine.

However, he looks like he has lost some weight, and let me tell you, the dude still has a damn cannon.

JaMarcus Russell, working out and working on image - NFL - Sporting News

I have been very critical of him, and I would have loved to have seen what Flynn could have done in 06, but I hope he can scratch his way back on a roster somewhere. He was working out in LSU gear also.

2. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

I hope this doesn't turn into a Flynn should have started over Jamarcus thread.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I had to throw that in there, so it was known that I was really critical of Jamarcus, and if he does make a comeback that I can't take any credit for being someone who was never critical of him, and knew he would end up being a good quarterback.

4. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

I can respect that.

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Dude is a loser.

1 person likes this.
  6. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Never will be a "smart" QB. All the talent in the world but he couldn't read a "D" to save his life.

7. joker

joker Founding Member

Jamarcus is the perfect example of how being a great quarterback is 80% brains and 20% arm.

He's 100% arm and 0% brains.

1 person likes this.
  8. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

Dude always had a rocket arm. That was never in question. He's not the sharpest knife in the drawer. We were all pretty sure of that as well. But I for one had no idea that he was so lazy and had no heart or desire. I guess i can see how $50 million could screw with your motivation if your head's not right. Once he found himself on a horrible team and overwhelmed by the complexity and speed of NFL defenses he opened up a big old can of quit. That's hard for me to excuse. I need to see some give a damn out if him before I can get behind him.

Lucas is a great guy to mentor a young guy with drug issues. Maybe he can get him off drank. He'll either get him clean or cut him loose if he refuses to help himself.

9. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

The Saban press conference addressing *just that issue* didn't clue you in? How about the lackadaisical ball protection?

10. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

He was on WNSP 105.5 in Mobile this morning. When asked about LSU@Auburn this week, he said "Oh man, you know how that goes. Hopefully they can get some different refs. When you play games at their place, they don't always go according to the rule book."