Jay Cutler Wrong or Right?

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by pjnchamps, Apr 5, 2008.

1. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

Wanted to get yall opinion on whether Jay Cutler was wrong or right in calling WR Brandon Marshall out for his "horseplay accident" that resulted in severed a vein, nerve, artery, and five muscle tendons in his arm. When is calling out a player in the media a good thing whether than keep it in house or between players?

2. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

The Broncos are a team in turmoil and I suspect Cutler felt he had done enough behind the scenes with no success.

I was a Broncos fan from the early '70s until #7 retired. When John rode off into the sunset I wasn't far behind him.

3. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Sounds like an eerily familiar situation somewhere.

4. clair

clair Rockets

Brandon Marshall is a douche-bag...

But he is also the only NFL-worthy receivers the Broncos have.

Jay Cutler is just a joke. He hasn't won on any level and he won't win on the NFL level.

I tried to tell people this in the Cutler v. Young debate some years ago, but some here take pleasure in being wrong. :grin: (just kidding)

5. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

I would assume Cutler is right. Just based on the radio reports I have heard Cutler has been there even before the non-voluntary workouts and keeps getting stood up for passing sessions. I would be pissed too since he doesnt have that many weapons to begin with.

Plus, I bet he would have only said it if he knew his teammates were in agreement so now I guess he has developed into a "leader."

6. clair

clair Rockets

yeah. I agree. Cutler is right here. I was just horsing around in my 1st msg.

Either way, the Broncos are on a down spiral. And I like it that way.

7. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

he's wrong. marshall has no obligation to not "horse around". the nfl should just induce comas for each player in the off season then get them out of it for the games.

8. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

i would guess he does.

but yes, comas are fine with me.

9. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Cutler is right but, IMHO, no need to air dirty laundry in the media. If talking to him man to man doesn't get results, I doubt reading about the issue in the paper will. Keep in-house where it belongs.

1 person likes this.
  10. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

agree I think stuff like this needs to stay in-house putting stuff in the media doesn't make it better especially when he talked about Brandon going to Coaches office and etc. I understand he feels like he is the leader maybe but leaders dont call out teammates or other players to the media they do it in house and face to face like a man IMO.

1 person likes this.