Jay Lucas.. Still dazed and confused.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TwistedTiger, Feb 18, 2004.

1. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

What is wrong with this guy. He seems like a good kid with football talent, but he had an offer from LSU and couldn't figure out that he needed to comit before all of the schollarships were taken. Now this, "Redemptorist All-State running back Jay Lucas (5-11, 205) said he will sign with Nebraska, Central Florida or McNeese State." says the Picayune. Are you kidding me, he can't tell the difference between those 3? As much as I hate Nebraska a choice between playing for Nebraska, UCF or mcNeese St is no choice at all. What did he learn at Redemptorist?:dis: :dis: :dis:

2. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

You see that every now and then and you do wonder. Sometimes playing at home is that important though....But you are right, playing for Nebraska is like a quantum leap over playing for Mcneese St.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

If grades are a problem, better to pass at McNeese than flunk out at Nebraska.

4. ramah

ramah Founding Member

He waited too long ... Just like I said.

LSU's loss in this case ... he's better than Ally Broussard, tougher and faster ... the kid JUST WINS AND CANNOT BE STOPPED

Your numbers on him are off, he's a big back, almost 6'- 223 lbs and runs over and around people with 4.5 speed

Behind a great upcoming Nebraska OL ... watch this kid make his move ... I pity Big 12 Nebraska opponents in the next few years ... and it's very likely LSU will face the Huskers in a BCS bowl soon.

guaranfugginteed this kid plays SUNDAYS ... I'd bet my LIFE on it.

Just a sad day for LSU

Saban turns this kid down ... makes you wonder ... our RB corps is just on another planet.

5. TwistedTiger

The numbers are from the Picayune, other than on film I have no first hand knowledge of his size or speed. He does look like a quality back on the nightly news and it is sad he missed out on a chance to be a Tiger. Like the saying goes "you snooze you loose".

6. TwistedTiger

You should refrain from betting especially with your life. The last bet I saw you make here didn't work out quite like you planned.:D : :shock: :D :shock: :D :shock: :D

7. MALONE121212

MALONE121212 Founding Member

Lucas is a good back. I would def. not say he is better than Ally Broussard. Ally has proven himself in the SEC. If Saban really wanted Jay he would have been a tiger. This kid has some serious grade problems. I think it is better that we passed on him. :geaux:

8. BasileTiger

BasileTiger Founding Member

Easy now

Better than Alley Broussard????? Come on now. Did you see Alley Broussard's numbers while at Acadiana High. And just like someone else said, if Saban really wanted Jay Lucas he would have gotten him.

9. TigerPrideLSU

TigerPrideLSU Founding Member

I talked to him at the Centroplex when they played Southern Lab. He told me he was going to Nebraska.

10. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

...as an RHS alum I am P*SSED...

...I just don't know who to be more p*ssed at...

...I saw this guy against Istrouma this year when I was in town and he's THE REAL DEAL...

...Ramah is right - this kid is big AND fast...

...and also fearless...