Jerrell Powe commits to LSU; stolen from Auburn

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Jan 15, 2005.

1. LSUfan71

LSUfan71 Founding Member

T-ville might not be laughing but I imagine he often sits in a darkroom.....

2. philter

philter Founding Member

Yea, live like the rest. Pulled out an LSU hat and said "It's LSU baby!".

3. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

He just told someone that he just liked LSU and what Miles was doing at LSU.

He did say he would take his remaining visits...

4. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

:thumb: That's awesome!!!

:geauxtigs

Geaux Miles!!!

Geaux Powe!!!!

5. ChineseBandit

ChineseBandit Founding Member

As you might imagine, some Auburn twits have insinuated that Powe must have been paid to change his mind. I pointed out how lame such charges were on their scout.com board and the post was prompty deleted. Here was my incredibly rude post:

I swear, their mods are the most childish bunch of pansies I've ever encountered on a sports forum. Getting left out of the NC game couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch. Maybe the "People's National Champions" fraud is what sent Powe over the edge? Who would want to be associated with that kind of pathetic lie?

6. Aubie16

Aubie16 Founding Member

Powe

Not sure where the sour grapes comment come from....the first two links that have been posted on this website to auburn message board have just been to rational conversations about the commit. It's all about what reasons he could have switched for.

I congratulate you guys on getting a great player. But I think he is going to have to spend one, if not two years at Butler CC and he will have the chance to make another college decision.

This is why recruiting is such guess-work...these are 18 year old kids that change their minds a lot.

7. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

I am not positive, but I don't think it works quite that way. I think you can sign as many as you want, many schools oversign as they know prospects will not all qualify. You just have to have a scholarship for them after JC if you still want them. Some may never get out of JC.

8. Chip82

Chip82 Founding Member

Tennessee may have the top class for right now, but there are still so many campus visits, yet to be made, that the rankings are not all that valid right now.

But even if they end up with the class they have right now, I wouldn't even trade Georgia's current class of 15 for their class of 20.

In any event, most schools will fill in the blanks during the last weekend. The only school in the SEC that should really be worried is Florida.
    If Urban Meyer doesn't catch a few breaks, "Urban Warfare," could quickly become, "Urban Renewal!"

This Powe kid could really be worth the effort if he actually pans out. But you never really know when it comes to cutting it academically.

9. friday

friday Founding Member

what a joke! miles has been on the job for two weeks, hasn't decided on a defensive coordinator or a full staff, for that matter, and this kid likes what miles is doing so far! did miles even meet with powe?

10. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Guys, for some reason Im not jumping up and down about this recruit. I knew the Chickens were recruiting this kid and I read somewhere the other day that his workouts and weight were a problem this week. Plus it said he had major grade problems. I wish I had the site so I could pass it along but I dont remember. I did think it was funny they were signing a kid that looked to be a potential over-hyped college bust and then he turns around and commits to us! I hope Im wrong but I find this ironic considering my train of thought a few days ago about him.