Jimbo Fisher

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by dvm4lsu, Dec 2, 2003.

1. dvm4lsu

dvm4lsu Founding Member

Cinn. Bearcats have fired their head coach. I wonder if JF would be a candidate. I think he was their off. coordinator before coming to LSU.

2. uscpuke

uscpuke Founding Member

I think it is ironic that LSU's supposed area of weakness is offense, yet every time there is a coaching vacancy Jimbo's name pops up.
    So we have the nations number one defense, an offensive coordinator that other teams are salivating over, but we would be beat by 3 TD's against USC according to Mark May. 3 TD's = 21 points, we have allowed exactly ONE opponent over 20 all year. What a jackass.

3. ChuckE

ChuckE Founding Member

My position is that the real "D" only gave up 17 points to the hogs. That meaningless TD was against the backups and seniors that have not had much PT.

4. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

Hey,

We do not have a supposed weakness. Early in the year, safety, linebacker, kicker, have all become plusses. Only real weakness I see is depth at QB.

5. uscpuke

uscpuke Founding Member

Dont have a supposed weakness? Have you been reading any of what the press has to say? I know we are just fine, that is why I said supposed weakness, and not just weakness.
    USC has the best offense college football has seen in the last 10 years...at least that is what I keep hearing (que Mark May)

6. blahblah21

blahblah21 Freshman

I've heard (from what I would consider a pretty reliable source) that Saban may accept the $5 mill offer from the Bears at the end of the season. Coincidence that Jimbo stayed on at LSU.. maybe the next coach? We'll see..

7. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

I've also heard that. But that's been a rumor since 2001... Not specifically about the Bears, but same thing. I will say this... I have read over the last year or two, that LSU has stated time in and time out that they will match absolutely any bid, college or pro, to keep Nick Saban as the head coach...

8. dvm4lsu

dvm4lsu Founding Member

What I was getting at about Jimbo was this would be a good stepping stone for him. I think Cinn. had one of the most productive offenses when he was there. He would win there and open up a big time head coaching job for himself. I may be wrong but I think if Saban left LSU would go after an established head coach with big time college head coaching experience.

9. Soap

Soap Founding Member

Isn't is obivous why Jimbo is staying? My god we didn't recruit the best offensive weapons in the country not to use them!

He sees he's got a good thing going...

10. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

The first post ever from this "blahblah21" fella...about an NFL job Saban may take?

Really credible...