jimbo for president....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by geauxgirl80, Jan 12, 2005.

1. geauxgirl80

geauxgirl80 Freshman

who else besides me is happy that jimbo is staying at lsu? i know it wasn't the greatest year for quarterback training but i'm glad he's back (nick did offer the qb job at miami and jimbo said "no way man").......geaux tigers.........:thumb:

2. Veritas

Veritas Founding Member

I am very happy that he decided to stay. He has showed that he is loyal and committed to LSU. I am also happy he stayed because I would rather have an offensive coach that the players are used to working with. Miles is going to bring in his offensive playbook, but I'm sure Miles will use some of Jimbeaux's plays as well. It's also great that JaMarcus will not have to switch QB coaches. Jimbeaux can produce QB's. He turned Rohan into one of LSU's best...look what he did with Mauck. Mauck was never really an accurate passer, then bam after his injury Jimbeaux works with him and he throws 28 td passes and leads LSU to a national championship. Don't give up on Jimbeaux just because he had one bad year. He will turn Russell into an all-american. :geauxtigs

3. geauxgirl80

geauxgirl80 Freshman

question.....all this hype about ryan perrilloux and whether its texas or lsu.....everyone compares him to jamarcus (but faster).....even if he signs with lsu, will he have that big an impact versus what we have now? :confused:

4. TN Tiger

TN Tiger Founding Member

The first victory for Les!:geauxtigs

5. JAYDEAUNSTIGAHS

JAYDEAUNSTIGAHS Founding Member

I give my :thumb: to Jimbo. Being an oc that I am, it's very easy to sit up in the stands and tell me the play didn't work after the fact. You only have about twenty-five seconds to call the play, not drink wiskey in the stands and then call the play. Coach Fisher probably watches about 1,000 hours of film to determine where they are gonna be in down and distance. I think he has done an admiral job calling plays. Just because they did not execute does not mean it was not a good call. Line blocking, back assignments, receiver routes or blocking, timing, etc. This man is and deserves to be respected by all. When you've walked in his shoes one day, one week, one season then you can speak your mind, until then shutup and enjoy the success and championships we've had.

6. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

Hmmm.. dunno how I feel about this... I was kinda looking forward to a new QB coach coming in to work with JaMarcus, Matt, and RP... Jimbo is good, but I just didn't see him do much for our QB play.

7. friday

friday Founding Member

we have seen first hand how difficult it is to come in and qb at this level as a freshman. it's very unlikely that perriloux would come in and start over russell or even flynn. however, with a kid this talented it wouldn't surpise me if he lit it up and made the impact of leak in 2003. well, it would be a nice problem to have to have. if perriloux goes to texas, he'll be sitting the bench after vince young's performance in the rose bowl. I don't think this kid is too worried about competition.

welcome to the forum gg80

8. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I'm satisfied he's staying. I think it's a good thing for our players and for those recruits that he was already actively pursuing.

I'm sure the players are excited as well.

9. Carface

Carface What the...?

Why hasn't anyone said anything about Muschamp going to Miami?

10. JAYDEAUNSTIGAHS

JAYDEAUNSTIGAHS Founding Member

You would have if Bill Clay was dc and not George Edwards.:crystal: