Jimbo on the QB saga

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tbass82, Feb 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Did someone hear a fly buzz by our ears?

2. MEW4thTiger

MEW4thTiger Founding Member

i guess this tread proves that opinions are like "bob stoops", everybodys got one. the only reason i felt the need to chime in on the qb controversy is because i'm very worried that Randall isn't up to the task.

tiger fans, remember when rohan went down and mauck came in to finish off tennessee......the whole off season we couldn't wait to see mauck begin the next season running the show.......am i right or wrong. can you say the same thing about Randall? well i can't.

and TE i do hope you're right. i hope that i'm so wrong about Randall's confidence, because i do belive Randall will have a great spring and emerge as the starter. however, once the season starts i visualize him choking, losing the gained cofidence he had built earlier in the season, and costing us losses before one of the reddies are put in......w/ the notion of what do we have to lose now, lets get'em some experience for next year.

and gentlemen don't ridicule one another, we are all TIGER FANS, NATIONAL CHAMPIONS and we have the best coach or coaching staff in the nation.......they will get it right i'm sure.

3. ramah

ramah Founding Member

Whaddayu expect from TE. You're right about Randall ... he's an average QB ... but he's the starter till one of the kids takes it from him

O
    N

T
    H
    E

F
    I
    E
    L
    D

... I just hope it doesn't COST LSU a big game in the process ... and anyone but a mental midget knows where the 3 big road games are for a #3 Ranked Preseason LSU ...

Against #8 Ranked Auburn ------------> They lit Randall up last time like a Roman Candle in 2002 with 4 picks ... their DL sux this year and their secondary is not as good as 2002 ... LSU can run the ball down their throats and we'll survive this game with Randall, even with an average game from him and a turnover or two.

Against #4 Ranked Georgia ------------> Return to the scene of the crime ... LOL ... no blowout like the SECCG ... these dawgs will be ready and hungry ... will be a big challenge for Randall as Georgia's DL should be healthy and tough to run on ... Randall will have to perform here and drive the ball for LSU consistently for LSU to come away with the win in Athens. The only game where LSU may not be favored.

This will be Randall's make or break game ... mark it down.

Against #12 Ranked Florida -------------> No respect here ... they are a top 10 team despite Zook, definitely better talent than AU.

If Randall blows it against Georgia, I look for one of the two to get a chance here. If Randall starts and takes GA down, he'll likely ride the rest of the way

Randall, an average QB is not the answer ... but the freshmen are NOT READY.

I look for the freshmen to get a ton of playing time this year early.

4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

The posts that kill me are the one's that state we shouldn't play a senior that we will have only one year, that just cracks me up to no end. I wonder how many seniors who were promoted to starting QB ended up winning their team a championship even though they were backs ups most of their career, maybe a guy like Davey, Martin, Walsh, and a myriad of other senior QB's getting their chance and then leading their team to a championship of their conference, major bowl, NC, etc. Should we have told Rohan that he shouldn't have come back for his senior year, that he should transfer to a Div. 2 team so that he could play because it would be a waste of time to play him when we were going to have him as a starter for only one year. Should we tell all rising seniors on the team that weren't starters the year before that they should all transfer. For God's sake, how can you possibly post something like that and not laugh at yourself after you read it. Let's tell em all we'll reward you for staying here 3 or 4 years, for practicing, studying, helping with the younger players developement, etc. by promising you that you will not get a chance your senior year because we want to develope the kids that will be here for more than one year. Incredibly stupid post, just down right stupid. No matter what you think about a player as far as ability, potential, etc. you should never think like that, ever.

5. b L e S e U r

b L e S e U r Founding Member

someone just got TOLD

6. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

I love all this rhetoric. Here's my take...

Saban always said that every position is wide open and the best player will start. Secondly, the coaches want to get all they can out of the two FR to see what they are capable of. How do you do this? Make everyone compete for the starting job. The best player in April will have the upper hand going into fall camp.

If you want the FR to step up and compete, why wouldn't you say that Randall has the job to lose, or something to that effect? I can't wait til April to see who wants the job badly enough. There are 3 tough guys who will be giving it all they have to earn a starting role.

The past doesn't matter. Old stats don't matter. Spring and Fall camps will determine the depth chart. Should be one of the most widely covered spring camps ever. Saban and Jimbo are waiting to see which QB will separate themselves from the pack, just as Mauck did over Randall. May the best player earn his spot with the 1st team.

7. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

te = sos = ramah

8. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Re: OK ENUF, STFU ALREADY

9. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

Could anyone tell me, based on history if nothing else, when the spring game might be.

10. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

Never mind April 24th according to LSUsports.net

I am home for that date see ya'll there!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.