Jimbo will be our OC

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by cajdav1, Jan 12, 2005.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I like this personally, I think keeping Jimbo and Coach Searels gives the offense some much needed stability and should further the developement of both QB's.

Jimbo

2. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Glad you are staying home Jimbo ! Go Tigers ! Wayne, take your money and stick it in your ear !

3. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

i know a better place that he can stick it

4. Blackstripes

Blackstripes Founding Member

good news. i think LSU would have been in good shape with either Jimbo or Crowton.

with Miles being more of an offensive guy, i think the offensive will reflect his style.

i look for Miles and Jimbo to have a collaberative effort and open up the offensive moreso than in the past.

LSU!

5. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

I think this will work out well. Welcome back Jimbo....urrmmm...well you never left but what the hell, glad you're staying.

I think either Crowton or Jimbo would have been fine. But Jimbo has proven his worth even if I thought he was conservative in his play calling at times. But in many cases he has looked great in his play calling.

With Miles experienct as an OC I think Jimbo could gleen knowledge from Miles and be even more effective. Hopefully these two won't clash and will learn from each other.

Everything is getting lined up. It's looking good. Now we need to fix the QB's.

6. MikebTiger

MikebTiger Founding Member

This is good for LSU. Continuity with the team, continuity with recruits. Jimbo is a very good coach and calls plays based on how the people on the field can be trusted to not frick up. I have never agreed with those on this board who say Jimbo has to go because of what was essentially poor QB play in spots. Jimbo coaches in a way that gives LSU the best chance for success.

7. bigbully

bigbully Founding Member

ummm....boo! :rofl: I hope Les runs our Offense like Nick did our Defense

8. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I agree. You can have the most creative, brilliant offensive schemes since football was invented, but if you don't have the players to execute it you're spinning your wheels. You've got to tailor your offensive package to the talents and abilities of the players you have.

9. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

I agree. He can only call out plays to the strengths or levels of performance of the QB's. He could not open up if the QB's had a tendency to throw interceptions on a particular day which would have put away the game for good.
    I would just like to know why the offensive line had also been underperforming quite a bit in the earlier part of last season? Coaching problems vs mental issues on the part of the offensive linemen? :confused:
    ________
    Medical marijuana dispensary goleta

10. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Ahhh, what a great thing to read. Jimbo under Miles tutelage will be a great thing to see. Open up the playbook finally!