Jindal is beginning to get under my skin (Yes, this belongs in the Den).

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by SabanFan, Jul 8, 2008.

1. CParso

CParso Founding Member

One thing I heard is that these replacements may have been made so that Jindal can take Charity out from under the LSU system, which is the only way this makes sense.

2. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

First of all let me apologize for what I am about to say because my view on this isn't LSU related nor is it just Louisiana politics.

This is whats wrong with all politicians espcially ones that are inexperienced.
    They are repaying their contributers for supporting them.
    It is the same type of things that Bill Ritter did in Colorado, (unions) and it will be the same type of stuff that Obama will do if elected.

I need to learn to be left handed that way I'm better able to hold my nose while I push the button to vote on election day, its happening too often now!

3. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I agree

4. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

1. I disagree somewhat. At the end of the day, I don't see the pay raise thing as a huge deal. People will forget about it and just remember he did the right thing.

2. I agree totally. It's embarassing that the situation was handled how it was

3. I agree

4. I agree. I kinda hoped he was above that and he still may be. We can't judge everything he will do in his career on the first few months.

One thing I will throw out there is that I've heard Weems was a football only guy. I don't know this to be true or anything about the situation but if it is true, maybe jindal was looking out for the system instead of the football team, which I"m okay with. Can anyone verify this, or correct me.

5. WinnfieldTiger

WinnfieldTiger Founding Member

Didn’t Buddy Romer and his staff make some of the same mistakes?
    Maybe they all think the state’s problems are psychological and the public are just a bunch of whiners.

He did exactly, the Roemer Revolution, now we have the Jindal Revolution. Like Earl Long said, about every 12 years folks think they need "good" government, until they get it, then they want to go back to "pretty good" goverment.

Mr. Weems was/is a great man and had a huge hand in a lot of positives for LSU.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

"Someday Louisiana's gonna get good government and they're not gonna like it. -- Huey Long