JJ to start against McNeese

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Beaux-Bo, Oct 13, 2010.

1. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

Riddle me this ...... how could have JJs pathetic performance in the last three games contributed to JL playing well??

I mean .. a total of 42 yards of offense for JJ against McNeese?? 1 FG, 1 fumble and 3 punts. I don't know how that contributed to anything other than McNeese's TD.

2. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

Does pick six ring a bell... I sort of remember that word quite often a couple of years ago...

3. chewie

chewie Glitched

Have a great day.

4. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

I hear Jefferson makes a mean pot of sauce piquant. Maybe that's why he stays a starter.

5. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

Why is it you harp on JLee's pick six's which were two years ago but you ignore the fact that JJ has spotted the other team 7 points in each of the last two games?

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Bravo. Excellent post.

The whole negatiger vs sunshine pumpers thing is nauseating. People need to get over themselves with that nonsense.

What separates this team from winning a national championship (or at the very least being in the mix for it late late in the season) is some very critical diecisions being made by a man making 3.75 million dollars a year to do just that.

In Miles We Trust is not something that is slipping off the tongues of many LSU fans these days. Only the delusional few.

7. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

Because they happened??? Because it was still a major concern until he got out onto the field and proved himself in the last few games? Now it is only a medium concern. Why do you ignore JL's performance in the LA Tech game last year? You constantly talk about "2 years ago" when he had a great shot at redemption last year and FAILED miserably. That is 2 strikes in two years!

Why do YOU ignore JJ's performance last year and not give him any chance at redemption? Remember Hookfin!!! (and that applies to both JJ and JL)

I have not ignored JJ's performance in the last two games. I want JL to start this game. I didn't want him to start against UF. If he doesn't start this game, I won't hold that against Miles. JL's problem has probably been in his head. I realize that I am not in a position to know what is going on and I have the humility and experience to understand that the reasons behind these sorts of decisions are not easily understood without all of the information. I choose to leave it up to the staff to decide him along. You don't have the information. Stop acting like you do and leave it alone.

8. west_tex_tiger

west_tex_tiger Founding Member

Why are we still posting under the "JJ to start against McNeese" thread? I started the "Who will start against Auburn" thread/poll in hopes this one would die.

Having said that, I will chime in anyway:

1. I don't think it is very relevant that Lee threw a bunch of interceptions two years ago as a freshman. I think it is somewhat more relevant that he was terrible last year against LA Tech. Point taken.

2. I don't remember Jefferson being any better than an average QB last year. You seem to forget that we were about 100th in offense last year, and lack of production from the QB was one of the reasons why. We all expected him to come out and be considerably better this year as a junior. Unfortunately, this has not happened. He has actually regressed. He has produced a ton of "3 & Outs" and he has turned the ball over. He continues to be indecisive both in running the option and in reading the defense. To make matters worse the negative reaction he's gotten from the fans seems to have gotten to him. I have seen him lose his composure, show up receivers when they miss a catch, and generally look confused and frustrated on the field. The sad truth is that he is really a terrible QB right now. He needs to sit on the bench for a while and regroup.

I think we agree that Lee should start against Auburn. It's obvious from the last 3 games. Miles needs to look at what's right in front of him and make the obvious decision. To not do so based on the last 2 years and what he expected to happen this year, would be a huge mistake IMO.

Jarrett Lee looks the part right now. He's composed and looks like a leader out there. The team is responding to him. He's getting the ball to the play makers. If Miles can't get this one right, I'll lose even more confidence in him.

9. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

I ignored both performances because they happened LAST YEAR. What matters is performance this year. THIS YEAR JLee only has 1 INT and hasn't spotted the other team ANY points.

Just in the last 2 games JJ has spotted the other team 14 points. But you're constantly talking about what Lee did in the past as a reason he should split snaps with JJ while ignoring what JJ is doing now which by your same logic should be reason for him to NOT split snaps.

Given the choice between JLee POSSIBLY throwing a pick-6 or JJ ALREADY having spotted the other team a TD in the last two games; I'd take the possible one over the already has happened, TWICE, everytime.