JLee option run vs JJ option run in the mud bowl

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by StreetDiction, Jan 14, 2010.

1. StreetDiction

StreetDiction Gary Crowton Hater

It was bad enough when Crowton had JJ run the option in the Ole Miss game and of course JJ came up limping after he was tackled, but what was worse......JJ running the option vs Penn St or when JLee ran it against La Tech?

Does Crowton pre script all of his plays before the game (or maybe season) and just run them no matter what the defense is showing or what personnel we have in the game? It is the only thing I can think of.

1 person likes this.
  2. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I think you're right. There's no flexibility in play calling. That's why you have to really use your imagination if you want to see things like:

-In game adjustments
    -Halftime adjustments
    -In season adjustments

It almost seems like Crowton comes up with an idea and his pride won't let him even begin to think that he's wrong. It seems like he's always trying to fit square pegs into round holes. This is a LOT different than sticking with something because you see gradual improvement.

(tete dure)

3. LSUGraduate2002

LSUGraduate2002 LSU's Golden Years

I know that play HAS to work because I ran it for 300 yards on NCAA football versus this team last night.

1 person likes this.
  4. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

Discussing what may or may not be going through Crowton's cranium seems kind of futile.

1 person likes this.
  5. LSUpathdoc

LSUpathdoc Trust me, I'm a Doctor

I agree Crowton seems to be very hard headed in his play calling. If it doesn't work then keep doing it, and if it does then stop doing it. It's really like he is his own worst enemy.

By the way cookin love the new avatar. I would clean those off they might get infected. :grin:

6. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Agreed, especially since I don't think much does go thru there.:dis:

7. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

JL is too slow to run the option, and JJ is too big. JJ wants to run north-south. He's not going to try to hit the corner and turn upfield or cut back inside. The biggest problem is we have 2 QBs who are the least cut out to run the option, while Shep would be very well-suited to be an option QB, who likely will be used very rarely as one.

8. StreetDiction

StreetDiction Gary Crowton Hater

I broke my foot rest when i kicked it during the La Tech game when J Lee was called to run the option. I don't know what upset me more at that moment, the fact that crowton called that play or the fact that Les didn't go up there and kick him out of the booth.

Les just stood there almost lifeless most likely thinking what word do I want to say more in my interview. "Want" or "Quality".

9. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Maybe Paul Johnson at Ga Tech has a clinic or something in the summer. We could chip in for the costs.

10. Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger Founding Member

Momma kept tollin them to give Bobby Bouche' da ball. He's the bes foosbaw player day got.