Welcome to TigerFan.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the LSU community.

Jon Gruden Anyone ?

Discussion in 'The Sidelines' started by @xxFlossxx, Oct 9, 2012.

1. LSUDad

LSUDad Senior Member

Jon is making a little over 4mil working for ESPN, doing what he likes best. Don't know if I see him moving. He's having too much fun and making good money.
    Too many good jobs will open up this year, gonna be fun to watch.

Money......
    http://www.coacheshotseat.com/SalariesContracts.htm
  2. fanatic

fanatic Buckle your seatbelts...

Where did you find Gruden's salary at ESPN? I knew he was making good money, but had no idea it was that much. Unless his competitive-ness gets the best of him, it will be extremely hard to pry him away from his current gig if he's making that much jack.
  3. LSUDad

LSUDad Senior Member

4.2 or 4.3, I have my people........;):D
  4. LSUDad

LSUDad Senior Member

Only three coaches are now making more that Gruden.
    saban, Stoops and Brown.

Edit to add:

Found this one.....its 4.3M

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1176563-the-15-most-shockingly-overpaid-people-in-sports/page/9
  5. fanatic

Since he's making that kind of scratch, college ADs shouldn't even bother. IMO, the ONLY thing that's going to pry him away from MNF is a shot at another Super Bowl and even that might not be enough.
  6. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Freshman

Gruden on Manti Teo's bad game vs Bama:

"I don’t have that much of a concern. I watched Alec Ogletree from Georgia play against Alabama in the SEC Championship Game. I watched [Kevin] Minter from LSU play against Alabama. All of the linebackers got rolled by the Tide if you ask me."
  7. fanatic

IIRC, Minter had a solid game against Bama, didn't he? He definitely didn't get 'rolled'.
    LSUDad likes this.
  8. b_leblanc

b_leblanc Victory for LSU!

Gruden's the one who would get "rolled" if he tried to coach in the SEC.
  9. fanatic

Really? Just curious why you think that. I mean, he did win on the highest level in the NFL and before that, he built the dysfunctional Raiders, of all teams (when Al Davis was still alive and in control) into a Super Bowl contender. Not that he ever would coach in college, but I think he'd do extremely well if he did. I think players would want to come play for him and he can definitely motivate, so I can see him being successful in the SEC.
  10. b_leblanc

b_leblanc Victory for LSU!

I was kind of being sarcastic. We can agree with the raider and buccaneer thing, but if I remember correctly, didn't they have a sudden falloff after their Super Bowl run? I may be mistaken and I'm too damn lazy to look it up.