Jordan Jefferson

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigerboy56, Oct 24, 2009.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

He's still pissed about the whole USL thing.

2. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I hate to admit it, but my very, very thought following that pass was, "Well, a lot of you guys asked for it and you just about got it."

Hate to be the forum's biatch on that, but dang, it was my instantaneous reaction.

3. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

I never said any such thing. I am not bashing anyone at all, tellin the truth is not bashing. I hope the kid does well. He has the ability to win 7-10 games a year for you if the talent around him is as high as LSU's. You take away a little bit of that talent though and it would get ugly quick.

As far as ability as a QB, he is limited at this level. IMHO

If you are happy winning 7-10 games a year but losing the big ones each year and you don't care about seeing improvement in the position... Jefferson is your man. It's not my choice to make. That's not necessarily a bad thing, even if he improved on everything I have talked about... it's still going to cost you a game or two a year just from his very slow and winding throwing release.

I don't think he played horrible the whole game, he had a couple of nice plays but at the end of the day he was really playing the same way he has been, and you simple are not going to teach him how to get the ball out of there quicker. He looked better doing the same thing because the defense is not good, if he tried that crap against Florida or Alabama you would probably be looking at 7 on the board.

4. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

You can have your view but I stand 100% against your take on the game last night.

I saw a very talented Louisiana young man do a good job! I thought he took over the team last night and he played with no fear!

Lets talk after the Bama game!:milesmic:

5. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

This is one of the only stupid post that I have seen on this forum!

What are you? A English major??

You have very little to base such a statement and I am positive it has nothing to do with college football QB's skills!!!

You have just said JJ will fold against Bama since that will be a big game.

I will re-post what you just said after JJ leads us to a win against Bama!!

:milesmic:

6. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

I never said any such thing, you call me an English major and it looks like you skipped all your English classes. LSU certainly can win at Alabama, you are not going to put up 31 points with Jefferson not improving and doing the same bad things. He has enough physical talent to get you 7-10 wins a year, he will look good against some of the lessor opponents and the offense will look they have a flat tire the whole rest of schedule.. of course much of this is not exactly his fault either... any QB is going to look like this if you have Crowton... the offense has no rhythm at all.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

NO, Jefferson stood in the pocket longer and got his passes away. He ran the rollout and the bootleg much better, too.

8. LSU-SIU

LSU-SIU Founding Member

I am tired of talking about this. You'll see in time just like the Jefferson is the second coming of Christ were bashing me before the year started or the Scott of the middle play is the best thing since sliced bread crowd were calling me names. They are good kids but they have limited ability... in Jefferson or Lee's or any other QB in there they are going to get hurt by Crowton's incompetence . People look to much at stats instead of what is going on between the lines.

I thought Jefferson looked a little more sure of himself early but that quickly faded when the penalties by Auburn disappeared.

9. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Such a bold and concrete assessment, giving a 3 game swing og JJ's capabilities. Either he is a 7 game crappy QB or he is a 10 game good QB. State your true convictions. It is easy to claim your right when you give yourself that large a margin for error.

10. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

Nothing is ever quite as bad as it seems or quite as good as it seems.

JJ did great, his best performance.
    O Line improved, I saw 45 on D get by his man a couple of times and get in JJ's face.
    JJ doesnt always feel the footsteps of a sack coming.

WR's need to hang on to the ball, could be JJ needs a lil touch on the ball. I think one of the announcers caught it, he had quite a bit of gas behind a couple of the ones i saw that were short. Look like a .45 bullet.

Crowton called an "improved" game. Better plays. still a few goofy options to the short side of the field, still a few wide out screens that even a bad AU defense could see. ( blind man could see ) BUT overall MUCH better play calling and just over all communicating the plays.

The things I thought he did well was communicate. I thought the first series was run well.
    Maybe his deep drop is the same but we improved MARKEDLY, on execution.
    We didnt seem so lost in a "meerkat" gaze.
    I am not sure if that was coaching, probably was, but it seemed to help JJ's poise.
    with more confidence maybe he can work through other issues, and

the O line is a big key, give the guy plenty of time and he can work through any issues.

I think he did fine. We will go to a bowl a good one it just reamins to be seen which one. We arent out yet!
    :thumb: