Josh Maravich on following in his father's footsteps

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Carface, Feb 25, 2005.

1. Carface

Carface What the...?

Rest of it here: http://www.lsureveille.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2005/02/25/421f1f5534e3d

2. TSdude

TSdude Founding Member

That's was a good article. Unfortunately, the Tigers haven't had hardly any blowout wins since Josh has been at LSU, so where he could see some considerable playing time. I really wish Brady does give him some minutes in both the SEC and NCAA Tournaments.

3. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Me too, b/c it means we'll just be sitting on some big leads!!! :geauxtige

4. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I could care less about big leads, I would like to see him get some pt and score a few points, it would probably mean the world to him, his brother and their mother.
    Set winning and losing aside from this issue for a moment.

I'm not saying lets lose these games but I don't see why Josh can't get any pt every once in a while, lets face it, theres games we won where Josh could've been in the final minutes.

5. Pastimer

Pastimer Founding Member

When Josh scored his first two points of his career, he and Pete became the highest scoring father and son in NCAA history.

It was the same when Pete Rose, Jr. got his first hit in MLB.

6. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

I heard the Pistol speak one week before he died.. they were having tryouts for THe Pistol movie at the PMAC, and afterwards he talked to the crowd.. he was definately a class act.

7. BB

BB Founding Member

Re: Maravich College Playing Highlights

Pistol Pete Maravich is the greatest Tiger Athlete of all time.

I know it's cliche to say, but his greatness can't be truly measured.

The man changed the game. Pete Maravich has always been one of my idols. In a world where people are reluctant to dedicate themselves to ANYTHING at all, Maravich dedicated his mind, body, and soul to one thing. These days, Dr. Phil or Ricky Lake would tell a kid it's unhealthy to work that hard or to be that obsessive about improving or mastering something, but I think it's extraordinary.

Every single time I think about Pete Maravich, I INSTANTLY gain focus on what I should be doing. I think we should all be grateful for the way the chips fell and for the fact that we can forever consider Pete Maravich to be one of our own...

8. Chris M

Chris M Founding Member

Re: Maravich College Playing Highlights

Great post. I feel the same way. There is a guy that's currently writing what is supposed to be the definitive biography of Pete. He is also searching the globe for rare Maravich footage. Apparently there isn't that much footage that survives of Pete in action. Here's his website http://hometown.aol.com/feruzzi/myhomepage/

There is also a website where you can order a DVD of the 1977 New Orleans Jazz game where Pete scored 68 points agains the Knicks. Here's the link:

http://www.thenightofpistolpete.com/merchandise_show.cfm?Product_ID=7

Chris