Julio Jones

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by gely33, Oct 8, 2007.

1. CParso

CParso Founding Member

He's secretive in that he doesn't do many interviews & never tips his hat to anyone. His actions point to Bama, although he did sound very impressed after his Florida St visit. I don't know if he's even visited LSU yet.

2. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

He is playing in the ESPN game and is their #1 player. I am sure they will make as much drama for him as possible considering he doesn't provide any at all.

3. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I'd say Tigerbait3 answered this. He's been very quiet about what he's thinking. As to the implying, I'd agree it's just ESPN promoting their All-Star game.

He didn't attend the LSU vs Bama game. Like TB said, there are a few out there that are saying he's a private commit. I don't know those people very well so I can't say one way or the other. I know several families in Foley, a few of them I've rented houses from in Gulf Shores. They tend to think he's Bama bound.

I just don't know. I normally follow recruiting starting in Dec. But, with the changing landscape I'll have to see if I can find more time. I think Julio knows, but is playing it close to the vest for ESPN.

I don't think he has. He had an unofficial schedule our UT week but canceled it. But, I also suspect he'll visit anyway.

4. Potted Plant

Potted Plant Founding Member

From now on, whenever I notice a big-time kid being really quiet about what he's thinking, I'm going to think back to Joe McKnight, and how he kept himself just as quiet as could be until he eventually announced that he would not be going to the beloved local school. When a kid has a school the locals love and are pressuring him to go to, and he simply refuses to talk, I would take that as a sign that he's looking around.

5. CParso

CParso Founding Member

But USC boards were abuzz that McKnight was there's from the get go. No other school feels that way in Julio's case.

6. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Andre' Smith was pretty quiet about his as well. But, most suspected he'd end up at Bama. It's about like A. Brown this year...he's not saying much, nothing to peg, but most suspect he'll end up at OU.

7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

On ESPN, the recruiting guy from Scout.com intimated that McKnight may have gone away from LSU because of so many locals telling him that he should go there and he wasn't a kid who liked being pressured like that. We essentially drove him away, so to speak.

8. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

That may have happened, but he picked USC long before that.

9. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I know you're paraphrashing what an analyst said, so don't take this personally, but that's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard.