Junior Joseph and Daryl Johnson Transfer

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by HatcherTiger, Feb 21, 2004.

1. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I don't think D Johnson was ever a member of the team because he was never eligible so although he was very talented it is not a loss. Joseph was buried at a very very deep position so his transfer will not hurt either. It will also only free up one scholarship I think because Johnson never was eligible to recieve one. Look for this to be common over the next few years as Saban continues to bring in top talent and those that don't rise to the top look for opportunities elsewhere. It happens at many programs(see Brandon Jacobs).:geaux: :lsug:

3. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

Perhaps Saban already knew and thats why that one QB commited to us late.

4. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Reever will be non scholarship this year so he will not affect the scholarship numbers until '05.

5. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Wasn't Daryl Johnson supposed to be the best of our DB recruits last year? It's too bad he couldn't concentrate in the classroom enough to get eligible.

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

With Joseph gone, that leaves us with 6 wideouts (Hill, Bowe, Brazell, Doucet, Carter and Davis). I am not counting Green at the Slot receiver (and Hawkins who I think will play the same position but who appears to be ineligible academically anyway).

We already know the Brazell will probably never pan out as a very good receiver (let him shine at special teams, that's fine). So that means that we really only have 5 WRs. So I think this pushes Saban's hand to play both Doucet and Carter this year.

We are still fine at WR, just not quite as deep.