Just got back from Gainesville..

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by doubledeuce, Oct 8, 2006.

1. doubledeuce

doubledeuce Founding Member

Just thought I'd post my thoughts......

1.) any place that starts their games off with an 800 year old man doing the "2-bits" cheer sucks balls in my book. every middle school in the country does that cheer, its incredibly overdone. "2-bits" IS A BIG DEAL TO THESE PEOPLE.
    2.) Mentally, that was one of the worst games Ive ever witnessed. we looked like lost puppies on special teams. what happened to our incredible Peveto special teams of last year?
    3.) this line doesnt open holes.
    4.) Jacob hester as Ive said before is not an sec feature tailback. hes good in the spread and as a safety valve and a few touches a game are definitely acceptable, but I dont understand why miles is SO infatuated with him when there are so many great athletes on this team. ie after Charles Scott's 100 yd performance against tulane I believe, Miles was asked what he thought of the freshman's performance..he replied..and im paraphrasing "well I think most of the credit goes to hester for opening up the holes for scott to run through". what kind of message is that sending to a young back who had perhaps the first great game of a young career? Hester is an asset to this team, but he is used way too much as a feature tailback.
    5.) Segwaying into my next thought..WHERE THE HELL WAS CHARLES SCOTT? Maybe I missed an injury but there is no reason this kid deserved to be on the bench for the entire game after his play earlier in the season. He didnt even so much as sniff the field.
    6.) This was my first game in the swamp, the stadium itself is a neat structure, its a good environment, it doesnt touch Tiger Stadium on saturday night
    7.) I think our problem scoring in the red zone has to do with the fact that we spread the ball out to move it down the field, but then we go back to two TE run formations in the Red Zone and we can't run the ball..plain and simple.
    8.) Finally, the bottom line is that we made about 6 critical errors in a game on the road in the SEC. 1 or 2 is enough to kill a team, 6 left us with no chance.

PS...i knew arkansas was going to be better than advertised but this is ridiculous.

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Charles Scott recieved a concussion on Wendsday during practice. I would have liked to see him back there too. Les didnt let anybody know about the injury until after the game.

3. doubledeuce

doubledeuce Founding Member

Ok thanks. any reason why he didnt let anyone know?

4. macatak911

macatak911 CRAIG STELTZ = BEAST

i think they didn't want Florida to know. Dandy reported it the day after and said he was told not to tell anybody.

5. Rece@2022

Rece@2022 Founding Member

maybe you missed it, but JH ran better than any back Sat. He hit the hole faster and harder than AB and he has way better hands than any other back or tightend for that matter. He did have a pretty good run for a Non-TD. He ran over a couple of guys like AB "used to do". AB and JV seem to turn their backs on contact now and give up! We should now know we cannot rely on our running game to win games, just spread'em out and toss the ball...and hope for no int's.

6. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

strategy. it really worked didn't it?:lol:

7. macatak911

another note: Florida fans are complete a@#$%^&*

8. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

You're just learning that?:lol:

9. macatak911

well the auburn fans were rather nice.....maybe my expectations were set too high....I heard every vulgar term in the book walking down SW 13th street to campus

10. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

There was a whole group of Gator fans who religiously attended Spurrier's Church of the Holy Arrogance back in the 90's. Although the Pastor left, the congregation has reproduced.:yelwink2: