Just home from Atlanta

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by bigbully, Mar 13, 2005.

1. bigbully

bigbully Founding Member

whew - time for a nap! I had to stop in there first and say that was 2 great games played by the Tigers. Friday night I was midcourt on the 2nd row closest to our bench - I could hear everything Brady said - truly a whole 'nother world that close. We were on Claugcerty (sp?) all night and Brady was responsive to the 10 or so Tiger fans nearby. I hollered at Brady to put Josh Maravich in late in the game - sure enough, about 2 minutes later he put him in.

For the Kentucky game, again midcourt, this time 3rd row. I had about 25 phone calls telling me I was on tv. There were 2 Tiger fans below me in purple and gold striped shirts (holding signs)...my father in law and I were right behind them (I had on LSU Nike polo). That game was awesome b/c we were surrounded by Kentucky fans. As a matter of fact, the whole tournament was like a KU home game. Out of 24,000 there yesterday, I guarantee that 20,000 of them were in blue and white. Yesterday we could hear Tubby the whole time and stayed on him the entire game.

Today I cannot talk and am disappointed with the outcome - a free throw here, a rebound there...I haven't read any other posts about the game yet. I'm going to take a nap and then catch up w/my TF family.

GEAUX TIGERS!! LSU! :lsup: LSU! :lsup:

2. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

Man it was truly a great game. I've been hearing a lot about Chuck Hayes traveling with a second or so left after the rebound. I watched the replay and I didnt think it was anything worth calling. Brady didnt get upset about it and no one seemed to notice. Then I heard people screaming for a tech after he "spiked" the ball. I was so caught up in the moment that after Tack missed I didnt see what happened after. AFter seeing a replay, I didnt think the "spike' was that bigga deal. I got my info on this from another board that is full of crybabies and bashers. Not near as classy of a borad as this. Have to give kudos to you guys. Your a very classy bunch.

3. bigbully

bigbully Founding Member

I'm not sure about the spike but Hayes definately should have been called for a hook on the go-ahead bucket. But...there were a lot of no calls both ways