Just returned from the LSU/ Gator Game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tiger Saint, Feb 14, 2004.

1. Tiger Saint

Tiger Saint Founding Member

What a gutsy performance by the Tigers! The Rowdy Reptiles were trying to bring the roof down while enjoying a ten point lead late in the game. But on came the Tigers! Lloreda was playing on one leg! Anytime you can come into the O'Connell Center and overcome a ten point deficit, you have accomplished something. It was sweet to be there today and to finally enjoy a Tiger win in Gainesville.

After the game, Brady took a picture at mid-court on the Gator Head with the families and friends of LSU players. I was able to meet Xavier Whipple's mom. The few LSU fans that were there were chanting LSU....LSU...LSU....! Had a great time. It will be a good week here in Gainesville for Tiger Saint!

2. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Great win!!! This team has HEART!!!:geaux:

3. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

Say what you want about Brady, but his teams always have heart. That was made very clear to me during the 2000-01 season. We had only five scholarship players, we were cut to pieces by injuries during the season, but that team still managed to win the first game in the SEC Tournament against Georgia (costing them a shot at the Big Dance) and fought a superior Arkansas team to the wire. Every game, despite being woefully outmanned, they would fight, scratch and claw to the bitter end. Often we would be within two or three points with one minute to go and just run out of gas. But that season showed me Brady, for all his faults, could coach X's and O's and could keep a team together and hungry to win even in the most difficult of times.

If this team has the character and fight in it that that Tiger b-ball team had, then I know we are going to do very well this season.

4. aztiger03

aztiger03 Founding Member

deep in the tourny.....sweet 16?????

5. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

sweet 16 may not be terribly deep, but if you think about it...

thats half way to the final four. very respectable.

6. ConwayCock

ConwayCock Founding Member

Congrats guys/gals on the great win over the gators

I hope we get a chance next week to give the gators another loss.

Damn a Gator

GO COCKS