Just Wondering?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by jimbeaux, Aug 16, 2004.

1. jimbeaux

jimbeaux "Have a Great Day"

Is it possible that LSU goes undefeated this year and doesn't make it to the Big Game...I know it's not likely, but possible? :confused:

2. gotskeeters

gotskeeters Founding Member

Impossible, well almost. The only way an undefeated team in a major conference doesn't go to the Big One undefeated, is if there are 3 undefeated teams. For example, USC, OU, and LSU...all undefeated. We know the media won't let USC not go again, so they're in. The nation would love to see LSU play USC to settle it once and for all, but c'mon, those Sooners should have won it last year, shouldn't they have? We'll invite them because Barry Switzer said so. And by the way, LSU played weak teams at home, despite their tough road games.

I'm just kidding. It would be near impossible to have 3 undefeated teams, wouldn't it?

:lsug: :champs: :lsup:

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Well given the polls with their preseason rankings, and the fact that USC has a great chance to go undefeated, all that has to happen is OU going undefeated.

So, no it's not far fetched. LSU would definitely not break the top 2 in either poll in that situation.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Exactly the reason they should have a playoff.

5. Mr. Peabody

Mr. Peabody Founding Member

With the strength of schedule factor taken out, who knows? If USC can breeze through their easy schedule and not have to play a confence championship game, they will most likely be there.

6. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

This is exactly what makes the best college sport suck!
    As great as the game is the way it is managed sucks.

If roles were reversed and USC got in the NC game by strength of schedule I
    wonder if it would've been taken out of the equation.

7. gotskeeters

gotskeeters Founding Member

I actually think if there are more than 2 teams with 1 or no losses, USC will be out, again. The lack of their conference chaampionship game hurts them. Is strength of schedule still a BCS factor?

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I agree with that. If all 3 (LSU, USC & OU) were undefeated, the fact that USC did not play a Conference Championship game would make them odd man out.

9. Golden Tiger

Golden Tiger Founding Member

I'm not so sure, it didn't seem to matter much last year. The polls are what are going to matter most this year and they have a hard time dropping teams down the list if they don't lose a game.

10. Randy70

Randy70 Founding Member

no problem

An undefeated LSU team would be rated above an undefeated Oklahoma team at the end of the season because of the huge road wins for the Tigers.