justin vincent

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tiger777, May 5, 2003.

1. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

mna I just ran into justin all I have to say is damn. He is getting big. I knew him in high school and I would say he has put on ATLEAST 20 pounds maybe more. If he doesn't lose any speed he is going to be a star either on defense or offense. I would like him to win the SS spot next year because he is big enough to lay a lick on a rb, is athletic enough to cover, and if he hasn't lost any speed he is fast enough to keep up with any wr in the sec. what do ya'll think? kinda wanna change to subject off bama.

2. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

I wouldn't mind at all having Vincent in the secondary. The best athletes in the world are great on either side of the ball. Moving him over to Defense and having a backfield of Broussard, edwards,Addai, and Carrey. Sounds good to me...

3. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

He's got a better chance of being a star right away in the defensive backfield. I would also take Coach Saban's word in what was best for the team if I were in that situation. Whereever coach wants to put me, I will bust my tail and do it the best that I know how.

4. ChuckE

ChuckE Founding Member

BayouBengal; DallasLSU; tiger777: Is Edwards fully qualified? I heard that Alley is now qualified and was wondering if the same is true for edwards.
    Do any of you think either has a chance to get quality playing time?
    Joe A., is a quick back, but we didn't see much of him last season and what I watched was not that impressive. I'm not sure he is a durable back.
    IMO, the best and most effective situation is what we had before Cecil went bad. Pound with a big, strong, fast back, and run a Joe A., at the defense. Alley and Edwards appear to be big fast bruising backs and would fit that set up.
    We all know that LSU must be able to throw effectively to set that up. Without a good passing attack, we could have three cecils and it would not matter. It would simply be a re-run of last season. Any word on M. Mauck since spring?

5. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

edwards is not fully quilified but alley is. J A is a great back. If you weren't impressed with him then I don't know what you wanted. he was arguably the best back last year. I think he will be great. Broussard might get some playing time.

6. ChuckE

ChuckE Founding Member

tiger777; you are probably correct. No back could shine with the lack of passing last season, with so many stacking the line.

7. Hub

Hub Founding Member

I'm with 777 on this. IMO, Addai was the best back we had last yr but his pt was limited b/c of the older more experienced DD and Toe. In the spring game he looked to have put on a few pounds. I'm excited about what he might be able to do in the next 3 years.......it has to say something for him if Vincent is practicing at DB.

8. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

I also agree about Addia. In fact, I will go out on a limb and say we is/will be, better than Toe and DD. He is very quick and can make guys miss, not that DD and Toe couldn't, but I believe Addia is the complete package. With some expereince he can be very dangerous and remember he was only a freshman last season.

9. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

i also think playing fb will help him this year. Not only with blocking, but with running through tackles/people. I think he will be a really good back and could possibly end up one of the best backs we have ever had. I feel this way because he is surrounded with some of the best talent and and o-lineman we have ever had @lsu.

10. Veritas

Veritas Founding Member

Addai also seems to always fall forward. I don't remember to many times last year when he was getting knocked back.:D