Kerry's VP?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by ashgeaux, Jul 5, 2004.

1. ashgeaux

ashgeaux Founding Member

So the decision will be made tomorrow according to CNN and drudge:

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/07/05/kerry.vp/index.html

http://www.drudgereport.com

So who do y'all want on the ticket?

I actually kinda like Edwards so he is the last person I want to get it. He is charismatic, good-looking, from the South (and actually has a real accent no matter where he is campaigning at the time). Bush will still win every Southern state, so I'm not to worried. Plus, Kerry called him "inexperienced" and Kerry would never change his mind.

The Iowa guy, Vilsack or whatever. Don't know much about him other than he is the Governor of Iowa. Bush and Kerry both need Iowa badly, but it wouldn't help Kerry anywhere else.

I hate Dick Gephardt and behind Hilary he is my dream Kerry VP. Loathe the man. He has the labor unions, but who cares- Kerry already has the labor unions. He wouldn't win him Missouri.

I hope there is a surprise and it is Hilly in the morning. If I were Kerry's political advisor and not purposely sabatoging his election I'd say go with Vilsack. He could actually win him a state, plus he isn't that well known and I like Governors more than Congressman.

I'm really interested in hearing what some pro-Kerry people think on the issue as well.

2. Macphisto

Macphisto Founding Member

Well I'll be voting for Kerry but I hope to god it isnt Hillary. She would motivate the wishy washy Conservatives to get out and vote, and would spell the death of the campaign as far as I can tell. I'm hoping for Edwards. I really hope Kerry and the Democratic Party don't give the Right an early Christmas present in Hillary or Gephardt.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

It doesn't matter who he picks. National security will beat out Welfare security every time.

4. Turbotigerfan

Turbotigerfan Founding Member

It's the blind leading the blind! :hihi:

5. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

Kerry/Edwards 2004 it is

6. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I think this is a good decision by Kerry, I just wonder if he'll change it to someone else by next week. :lol:

I think Gephardt would've been the kiss of death. :dis:

7. ashgeaux

ashgeaux Founding Member

I think this was a good decision for Kerry for now. It'll help him up to the Convention. Edwards flip-flops almost as much as Kerry and he can't go against Cheney in the debates. I think their multiple answers regarding abortion and gay marriage will be the kiss of death to them.

8. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Smart, safe choice by Kerry. Too bad for Edwards though. He's a very likeable Democrat. Even with Edwards on board Kerry's still left of the public...

9. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

yeah...it will be kinda hard to reply to Cheney as he calls Edwards an F'r six or seven times during the debate. If Haliburton Co. ever comes up Cheney may resort to an MF'r or the dreaded C word....... :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :thumb:

(if any of you are wondering what I am speaking of, GOOGLE Cheney and the F word and see the results from the last month) :thumb:

10. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Patrick Leahy needed to be told to go f*** himself. :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: