Kicking - Blake Bercegeay

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by dupzales, Jan 12, 2005.

1. dupzales

dupzales Founding Member

After the last year of some of the most inconsistent kicking we've seen in a while ( notice the use of the word "we're", I learned this from Coach Saban, who typically uses words like "we've decided" instead of "I've decided") , why haven't the coaching staff offered someone like Blake Bercegeay a scholarship to kick? I've got a strange feeling there will be more games that'll either be lost or closer than they should be based on the kicking "we've" seen up until now.

2. philter

philter Founding Member

I bet Miles will think differently with regards to scholarships for kickers.

3. NOSA

NOSA Founding Member

I think Chris Jackson proved he can handle the job.

4. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

Chris and Ryan are still young, plus Chris prooved he had the leg and the ability, his aim just sucks close. Ryan is still learning also, I think Jackson will be lights out next year.

5. Methuselah

Methuselah Freshman

Question about Bercegeay

Is Bercegeay the guy from East Ascension. I saw him play at Lutcher this year and he was terrific on both kick offs and field goals.

6. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

LSU has had it's share of big time high school kickers lately just no coaches capable of helping them become consistant. Wade Richey was a high school all american, sucked at LSU and then went on to play pro ball. We need a special teams coach that earns his salary.

7. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

The problem as I see it is that pretty much all colleges do not have real kicking coaches like the pro's usually do. The Special Teams coaches are usally also position coaches and have a lot of other responsibilities. I doubt any college actually has a kicking coach. Most bring in an unpaid outsider to work with kickers on both the physical and mental apporach.

8. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

I don't think we should burn another schollie on a kicker this year. If I remember correctly both of the guys we have now are on schollie's. We are limited this year to 18 or 19 and should use these to allow Miles to start building his team.

9. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Nope, don't notice the word "we're" anywhere in your sentence. :grin:

10. Methuselah

Methuselah Freshman