LA Voters get to decide on gay marriage ban

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by lsugrad00, Jun 16, 2004.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Thats not true. I have the right to carry a concealed firearm granted to me byt the state of Louisiana but if I was in Massachussetts my license to carry wouldn't be worth the paper its printed on and I could legally be arrested and incarcerated for the same practice that is legal in Louisiana.

2. M.O.M

M.O.M Founding Member

Fight on! All I'm saying is the fight should be at the ballot box. Not the Supreme Court.
    I wouldn't vote specifically to take away homosexuals right to vote or own property.
    I wouldn't vote to round them up for a mass slaughter.
    If it was on PPV and there was nothing else worth watching, I'm not saying I wouldn't be hard pressed to suppress a chuckle and eat some popcorn, but certainly I wouldn't vote to do such a thing.

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

the main point is that this issue is way overblown. there is no real reason to care about his issue either way. but people love to care about meaningless stuff.

4. lsugrad00

lsugrad00 Founding Member

You see that is the problem with letting the masses decide this issue. People are going to be voting against homosexuality and not for marriage. If people were so interested in protecting marriage they'd be making it harder to get a divorce or harder to get married. People are interested in saying NO to homosexuality not YES to marriage.

5. lsugrad00

The reason to care is because they are going to let a bunch of uneducated Louisiana rednecks take the rights of American Citizens away from them.

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

i understand that, and i think that is unfortunate, but not a big deal.

i would be happy if the government refused to honor any marriages. it just doesnt matter. marriage shouldnt be a government issue, no matter if it is straight or gay.

7. M.O.M

M.O.M Founding Member

I didn't know fruits could get married in Louisiana today?
    Is that the right that is being taken away if the people of the state vote the way they should?
    Glad you agree the vote should be in November, I just wonder why the Democrats wanted it to be in September?
    Not very educated to have 2 votes/elections when you can get it all done in one fell swoop in November.
    Since you brought up *uneducated*, do you subscribe to the saying that when you open your anus, you open your mind?

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

cmon man, grow up we arent in 5th grade. i know this is your pet issue and you hate the gays and all, but you could consider chillin out. yes, i understand, buttholes are disgusting, gays are freaks, big deal. your world isnt gonna crumble if you dont ban gays from filling out a relatively meaningless form.

9. lsugrad00

Nice use of logic to support your beliefs.

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

What the hell. Let em get hitched. It's not like they're going to reproduce.