Lack of Quarterbacks

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by Tom Callender, Dec 22, 2007.

1. Tom Callender

Tom Callender Founding Member

Lack of Quarterbacks on Scouts board. If LSU is gonna get a second quarterback on this years recruiting list who will it be?? Whats the story on James Landry from Assumption HS - I see where his coach says he is great but he has no offers from anyone . Grades?? Mackey is the only other decent man available & his grades are real bad I hear.. So we must not be gonna get another quarterback this year.. comments please... who is still out there??

2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I don't see us needing or getting another one.

3. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Don't think we take another.

4. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I think we will take 2 QBs and maybe an ATH/QB next year.

5. J from Iowa

J from Iowa Founding Member

I would seriously doubt we bring in another QB this year. We brought in multiple last year including J Lee who was a big time recruit. RP has a couple years left assuming he can stay out of trouble or does not leave early. also, we already have a 4 start QB coming in this class. Our depth at QB should be good for the next year or so.

Next year, I agree that we will need to bring in at least one more, maybe two.

6. True Grit

True Grit Founding Member

We dont need another QB. We didnt have to get any this year because next year the country is absolutely loaded at Qb but I think we want at least 3 schollie QBs on the roster.

7. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Jefferson, Perrilloux, Lee.

Hatch, McCartney, Welker- didn't Hatch get a schollie? Not sure about other two.

8. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I don't know that you can qualify a recruiting class with a QB already committed as "lacking"--especially when the team will return a RS-Junior (Perrilloux) that will be in line to start for 2 more season, and two additional, Freshman QB's (RS-Frosh. Jarrett Lee and incoming Fresh. Jordan Jefferson) as well as another young player that got into games this year (Hatch).

The QB position isn't like any other one. At almost every other position, you need multiple players. You NEED multiple D-linemen, multiple O-linemen, multiple DB's, multiple LB's, etc....but you REALLY only need 3 QB's:starter, backup and emergency reserve. You could NEVER get away with only having 3 LB's, or 3 DB's or 3 O-linemen....

It's not a "lack" when you don't "NEED" them....I don't want us to take a 2nd QB in this class for the sake of taking one. I want to see us fill a position of NEED. With Perrilloux, Lee, Jefferson and Hatch, we don't NEED a QB.

9. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: :crystal: :helmet: Agreed. Don't know exactly why we're taking 2 this year (the Jeffersons). Believe one would have been sufficient behind RP and Lee. Maybe they took both of them because one will play another position? Anyway, feel like that scholly could have been used to fill other needs.:geauxtige :champs: :LSU231:

1 person likes this.
  10. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

It's only ONE Jefferson (that being Jordan Jefferson). DC Jefferson de-committed and then re-committed to Rutgers about 2 weeks ago.

I think Miles really only wanted 1 QB to begin with and with DC's size and him being talked about as "raw", the plan was possibly to let him redshirt and then watch and develop over the years until RP and Lee were done and hope DC lived up to his potential. But after Jordan Jefferson started setting the world on fire, it's pretty clear that JJ is MORE college-ready than DC.

Don't know if the staff told DC they weren't taking him anymore, or if DC simply saw the writing on the wall and de-committed himself. Either way, I doubt Miles and Co. are losing any sleep about DC de-committing. Jordan Jefferson is better, IMO.