Welcome to TigerFan.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the LSU community.

Laptops Express is Ripoff! Beware!

Discussion in 'The RoundTable' started by Bengal B, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If you live in Baton Rouge be wary of doing business with Laptops Express on Essen Lane. I brought a laptop in to be repaired that I had bought there 3 months ago. There was an issue about the wireless card driver. The guy said it would be $40 and I said OK and he gave me a piece of paper with the estimate. That was Monday and it was supposed to be done by the next day. It took him 3 days because he said he couldn't find the driver. A few minutes ago it was finally done. He said he had to do extra work and wanted $50. I said we had agreed of $40. I pulled $40 out of my wallet and told him that was what I was going to pay. He grabbed my wallet out of my hand. I started to kick his ass but that would have gotten me in trouble too. After arguing with the asshole for about 15 minutes I gave him the extra money.

Feel free to tell your friends considering doing and business with them and to repost this wherever you might warn the unsuspecting.
  2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

You should have called the 1 time.
  3. shane0911

shane0911 Veteran Member

@Bengal B wait, this guy grabbed your wallet? Are you serious with this shiza? Oh wow, I can't imagine what I would have done but I'm sure police would have been involved.
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

In my younger years I would have beat him half to death and ended up in jail. Even though he was in the wrong I was in his store and I know enough about the law to know that if I had done what I wanted to do it would not have ended well for me. Even though it was only an extra $10 its the idea of it.

I will have to be satisfied with ruining his business. There are lots of sites where I can post reviews
    fanatic likes this.
  5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Still, he prob has cameras, call the cops and file battery charges.
  6. shane0911

shane0911 Veteran Member

Yeah that is bullshit. In no way does he have any right to grab anything from you especially your wallet.