Larto Lake

Discussion in 'Sportsman's Paradise' started by LSUTiga, Dec 8, 2010.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Was 26 degrees this a.m. Everything was frozen to the boat. Was amazing that we weren’t cold except for our hands when they weren’t gloved. They make clothes today that you don’t have to be cold.

Set out yo yo’s but only caught 3 white perch.
    [​IMG]

Caught a few small channel catfish with noodles.
    [​IMG]

This is the boat dock with individual padded slots and the lighted deck with a double sink on each side and running water to clean fish.
    [​IMG]

These two camps are for a guy from Marksville whose last name is Gremillion. Blue roof is his and the one next to it he built for his daughter. Said he'd just also bought the third one next to the red roof. Came over to chat with us- drove an LSU golf cart-type machine but was more of a cross tween a golf cart and a miniature truck. Wish I'd have thought to take a pic.
    [​IMG]

2. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Sounds like the poor guy is hurtin. Did you leave a few fish for him to eat?

3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Nah, I took three catfish to fillet for myself for when I went solo and could fry them in the woods and gave the rest to the guy I brought. I still have quite a bit of white perch fillets in my freezer from last year.

As for the rich guy, he was actually very nice and offered us some wood from his stack but we had plenty in my truck he hadn't seen so we didn't take any. He knew some coaches from Ville Platte that I knew and told us he'd donated some steel for one of the ball parks and he said it in a nice way, not arrogant. He seemed like a guy I could hang with, very down to earth and was interesting to listen to.