LeBron James Watch

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Feb 18, 2010.

1. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Re: Your prediction for the Lebron James sweepstakes?

exactly, its complete crap, those statements dont influence Lebron, it just adds to the excitement of free agency. Stern time has come, the NBA has gone down under his watch. New Leadership is needed.

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Actually, you can buy stock in the Celtics as well. A stockbroker friend of mine bought my son a share when he was born as a keepsake.

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

and his refusal to pull the plug on the wnba

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Ok so, Cleveland is in the drivers seat, they can offer the most to Lebron which would be a 6 year 125 million dollar deal. The next best offer would only be a 5 year 96 million dollar deal. Now if Lebron were to tell Cleveland hey, i don't want to play for you anymore, Cleveland would be forced to try and get something for Lebron which would lead to a sign and trade. That really opens the door for Dallas. I know it's a pipe dream, but anyone who knows me will tell you that i am all about pipe dreams.

5. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

I dont think they can sign and trade, if he is an unrestricted free agent.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Cleveland Cavalier's nuclear option: The sign-and-trade - ProBasketballTalk - Basketball - NBC Sports

it's a long shot. I really hope he ends up in Dallas, but to me the smart money is on Cleveland. Dude's inner circle is there, he can make the most money there, he can pick his own coach, if he leaves he will be looked at as a traitor in his own home town, and think of the pressure that will be on him if he goes to a big city like New York. He stays in Cleveland there isn't that much pressure on him. I think Cleveland fans would be satisfied with Lebron staying there and being relevant, i don't think a championship is the most important thing to the fans. Keeping Lebron is the most important thing.

7. clair

clair Rockets

Joe Johnson will not go for the MLE. No way. He will get a MAX deal.

One thing people don't talk about is that with some 9-10 teams having the money to offer a MAX deal to and only 3-4 guys out there that people want, some guys will get drastically overpaid (so the teams that tanked, but miss on Lebron, can do PR to their fans). Joe Johnson will be one of the benefactors.

One guy who might be able to be had for the MLE that would be absolutely perfect for Lebron is Ray Allen, though. Imagine his shooting with LeBron's drive and kick.

The same with the Knicks. Gallinari and Eddie House are dead-eye shooters.

I just don't see him going back to Cleveland, because I see no way they can get better. Their core aside from James is all pretty old and as Joakim Noah accurately put, no one will willingly sign in Cleveland. there is a reason that franchise has always sucked and that city has never won a sports title in anything.

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Well if someone pays Joe Johnson 30 million a year, I say get a sniper to take out the owner. That would be stupid beyond belief.

He is a piece of a puzzle. He is nowhere near a star in this league to get them dollars.

And I like Joe Johnson a lot.

9. clair

clair Rockets

he's averaged 20+ ppg for five straight years now. I agree he isn't the elite level of the Wade's and the James', but he will get his piece of the pie -- and it will be more than the $6M a year MLE.

He'd actually be taking a pay cut getting that.

A lot of owners would be sniped if you follow your theory and look at an NBA pay chart.

Or then again maybe no one would, because with the max/deal format, it's very difficult for anyone to make $30M a year. ;)

10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Mle only 6 mill?

Didn't know that