lee corso is right

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tenebrism, Nov 3, 2007.

1. tenebrism

tenebrism Founding Member

we have the worst defense in the country!

:rolleye33:

we are the worst, though, when it comes to red zone defense. herbstreit made a good point about how teams have to get to the red zone first.

that's true, but i think the stat is we're 0/20 in red zone defense and this is why i have lost confidence in our chances this year. what's your thoughts on this stat?

2. XXL TideFan

XXL TideFan Founding Member

Corso is bad mojo. When he picks you to win it is like a death sentence. ;)

3. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

If red zone defense is the only thing you look at, then I can understand why you say LSU has the worse defense in the country. But if you look at the entire range of defensive stats, we are well within the top 10 defenses in the nation. But certainly, LSU's red zone defense does not look good. In addition, our 3rd down conversion defense has suffered too. These are two areas we need to improve on if we expect to re-establish ourselves as the #1 defense in the nation.

4. BamaMike

BamaMike Freshman

I am just glad Corso picked LSU today.

5. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Not to nitpick, but I think he said worst red zone defense in the SEC. If he did, he's correct. 19 attempts, 14 TDs and 5 FGs.

6. Geaux4Tigers

Geaux4Tigers Founding Member

Wishful thinking from a Roller!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Geaux4Tigers

Geaux4Tigers Founding Member

I don't understand what the heck happened to them. They started out with a bang. It is almost like someone leaked the secret of the defenses success. Offenses read them so easily now. I think they will bring the A game today. We need them to be that number 1 defense that we remember.

8. Tigers Paw

Tigers Paw Founding Member

Miles said they would use the off week to scout themselves, so let's see if they make any changes to the defense as far as attacking the offense.

9. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

What a surprise.:rolleye33:

1 person likes this.
  10. tenebrism

tenebrism Founding Member

nah, he said worst in the country. he meant to say worst in red zone, but he never managed to get the stat out because the production team kept messing up the clip he wanted to play.

i wasn't really saying we have the worst d in the country, just that we do have the worst red zone d. stats are stats and you take them with a grain of salt but i'd rather have a team that never gave points up in the red zone and only gave up the occasional big play rather than a stop you most of the time but not when it counts d.

so basically what i'm saying is i want a blitz the hell outta ya defense.