Lee Corso

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUOwnsYou, Jan 5, 2008.

1. LSUOwnsYou

LSUOwnsYou Freshman

Anyone else see Sportscenter tonight? Lee basically said we have no right in this game, and we are not a great team. Also said he expects us to lose, says Ohio State is an "elite" team, and mocked our losses to UK and Arkansas.

Could this guy schlob OSU's knob anymore?? Don't get me wrong, I have a tremendous amount of respect for Ohio State, but they are not an elite team. For Corso to say what he said, and take anything away from us, or our season, is just downright disrespectful. You would think a professional analyst would have a little more class than that. Either way, I am sure OSU is a little upset with him feeding us even more motivation.

Also, as Corso was blathering on about his useless insight towards this game, ESPN was scrolling season stats across the bottom. One glaring advantage I see in this game is our D. OSU's D gave up 397.3 YPG this past season, ranking 57th overall. Ours gave up 288.9 YPG ranking 3rd in the nation. I must admit, it was kind of amusing watching Corso contradict himself in front of his own eyes. LAst time I checked, "elite' teams aren't ranked 57th in the country in YPG allowed.

2. cristof11

cristof11 Founding Member

Actually, that's their offense...OSU has the #1 ranked defense in yards allowed (225.3) and points allowed (10.7)...I saw what he said also, that's what him and Holtz have been doing to kind of downplay the game since it's gonna be on a rival network...Call me a hopeless idiot, but I'm kinda thinking that they'll have a smart analysis of the game during College Gameday on Monday.

3. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

I for one do think OSU is an elite team...also, very fired up Corso doesnt think LSU belongs in this game :grin:

4. LSUOwnsYou

LSUOwnsYou Freshman

My apologies. I admit I did only catch the last second of that particular stat, so needless to say I didn't get the best view of it. Either way, I still don't see OSU as an elite team.

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Corso is the ESPN mascot. He's a total clown.

I don't see why either Corso or Holtz' opinions should matter to anyone.

6. islstl

Do they play it to make fun of him?

7. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

An 'elite' team that played only one team that ended up in the final top 25, and in fact, lost to said team? Ok, jerk-off.

8. tigerdro

tigerdro GEAUX TIGERS!

if corso is their mascot, what does that make lou holtz? their bellybutton lint?

9. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

He's their waterboy. If you catch my spit (drift?).

10. islstl

Corso would be someone you would pet, cuz you feel so sorry for him.