Leinart says Sooners quit

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MiketheTiger69, Jan 13, 2005.

1. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

In an article in todays Daily Oklahoman, Matt Leinart says that by the middle of the 3rd quarter of the NC game, some Sooners were begging him to just run the ball and the clock and get the game over with so they could go home.
    Don't have any idea if this is true or not but it is interesting. :geauxtigs :hihi: :shock: :) :hihi:

2. wesfau

wesfau Founding Member

They looked like they gave up in the 2nd quarter. I noticed a defeated body language that was pervasive on the OU side of the field.

3. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

I have a hard time buying that. I can't imagine a player asking the opposing team to just start running the ball. OU may have gotten destroyed, but they've still gotta have some pride.

4. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I saw the opposite, I think white may have tossed in the towel, but I think the D kept fighting the whole way. But thats just me...

5. Dirt Dog

Dirt Dog Founding Member

[​IMG]

I guess he thought he saw the OU defense holding up this sign. :hihi:

6. Maderan

Maderan Founding Member

I heard Dan Cody comment (and it sounded like an excuse) during the game that he was looking forward to getting on a plane back to Oklahoma. The way he said it was weird, almost like he was excited to be going back home and that he did not like Miami, playing in the game vs USC, or the situation in general. He said it real upbeat, and it sounded like he was trying to convince himself and those around him that they weren't just running back home with their tails between their legs.

7. AuNuma1

AuNuma1 Founding Member

Yes, I heard the same thing....something about not being able to wait to get on the red eye back to Choklahoma. This was during the game on the sideline...

8. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

After OU scored first I thought it would be a blowoutish type game by OU

Oh god I was wrong

9. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I saw the game and quit might be putting it mildly, more like rolled over and played dead. :redface: :redface: :redface: :redface: :redface: :redface: :redface:

10. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

I don't think ML would say that unless it were true. What did he have to gain From what I saw OU mailed it in the second half. But even so they were beaten like a drum and that is what caused the other.