Welcome to TigerFan.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the LSU community.

Leonard Fournette.....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BRETT, Aug 30, 2014.

1. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

Well?

It's impossible to live up to the amount of hype that has been heaped on this kid but that was amazingly unimpressive.

ParadiseiNC, tzanghi and KyleK like this.
  2. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 Boobies make everything A OK!!!

1st game gitters, but the Oline/playcalling did him ZERO favors.

fanatic and COTiger like this.
  3. mctiger

mctiger Kenny HIlliard, Beast Staff Member

@BRETT agreed...ever since SEC Media Day, every time I've thought of LF, I've flashed back to Ricky Williams and Reggie Bush joining the Saints. No one could live up to the expectations that got placed on those guys, and its exactly the kind of expectations being laid on Fournette.

4. Hawker45

Hawker45 Veteran Member

And Gordon had three carries the entire second half....That's a "zero favors", too...

red55 likes this.
  5. mctiger

mctiger Kenny HIlliard, Beast Staff Member

No, that was a huge favor....for us. I think he had 0 yards on those 3 carries.

6. BRETT

I never bought into it for one second. Every analyst and "expert" has claimed he is the second coming of Jesus and yet I've never seen anything on his tapes that indicate he's anything other than a really good prospect. Hopefully this will fuel him. I have no doubt he will get better and have better games but hopefully this will shut down all of this ridiculous hype.

This team has a lot of work to do. There won't be many other teams on the schedule with their safety playing QB.

ParadiseiNC, KyleK and LSUpride123 like this.
  7. Hawker45

Hawker45 Veteran Member

Yeah, I mentioned on another thread that Gordon has yet to be tested as a power back...as James White was there last year to run between the tackles. We'll find out later, but you don't run for 140 yards on 13 carries in the first half and only get three touches in the second half....unless you got dinged up....or you find being a power back is less fun.....

8. BRETT

Gordon looked great for a while but he's not a guy that can carry the load alone.

ParadiseiNC and LSUpride123 like this.
  9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 Boobies make everything A OK!!!

We had some crucial stops on D after that last TD.

10. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Let's give him some time. I don't think it's fair to make any judgments just yet.