Welcome to TigerFan.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the LSU community.

Leonard Fournette.....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BRETT, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Hawker45

Hawker45 Veteran Member

and he still can't catch a pass.... The Wissies played well for awhile, but now...no proven receivers, a very thin D line....I doubt if they can even win the B!G west.....

2. VampMuse

VampMuse Freshman

We're rooting for you guys to win out ... until the playoffs if you get there :)

3. Hawker45

Hawker45 Veteran Member

We're sneaky slow....

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  4. VampMuse

VampMuse Freshman

Pretty sure we took the short bus we were so slow tonight ... not playing until halfway through the 3rd. What was up with your MG dude not carrying but 3 times in the second half? Hurt, or did he not like to get hit hard or retarded coaching?

5. Guido Merkins

Guido Merkins Veteran Member

LF could be the best RB in college football this year and odds are he STILL couldn't be compared to Adrian Peterson. AP is a freak almost the likes of which we've never seen.

What I saw from LF is a really big, really fast guy who is limited in his ability to make people miss. AP is big, fast, and has those great feet.

IMO, no comparison. Like I said, as much as LSU is gonna run the ball this year, LF could easily be the best RB in the country. RBs like Peterson, however, almost don't exist anymore if they EVER existed. It's not his fault some idiots compared him to possibly the most physically gifted RB we've ever seen...

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  6. Hawker45

Hawker45 Veteran Member

I don't know...it was the oddest thing....my guess is he got dinged...still...if you want to be a power back, a few dings is part of the role....

7. VampMuse

VampMuse Freshman

Guido, LF did not look as good as Jeremy Hill did as a freshman. But like others said, the OL did him no favors, and more than once Jennings put him in a bad situation (specifically that toss just so he could get hammered 3 yards behind the line).

I have no doubt he will et better, but Hilliard looked game day ready so he might get less snaps than otherwise expected.

8. VampMuse

VampMuse Freshman

He's good, much better than I gave him credit for coming into the game. He should be able to run all over some of those B1G teams so

9. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Veteran Member

Hill missed an entire year before his "freshman" year. It's why he was able to leave after last season.

LF just needs time and a steady QB. I also think they need to take him off of kickoff returns. Save that energy for the pounding.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  10. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

Guys like AD don't need a great O-line to succeed bc they have speed, power, and shiftiness. LF is gonna need great O-line play to dominate this year. Wisky played very good fundamental defense and wrapped up very well. He's gonna get settled in real well the next few games and then we'll see what he's got against the SEC. Of course, Hilliard and Magee might have something to say about that too. And I hope they do respond like Kenny did tonight.