Les Miles apologists... please... post...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by locoguano, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

[​IMG]

And you know this.... MAN!!

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

wasn't really talking about you, i think you have been critical of the coaching staff but i don't remember you being a "guillotiger" (get it?).

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

rats i thought that word was going to be more of a hit.

4. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

That goes both ways. There seems to be alot of anti-Miles threads being dredged back up just so people can say I told you so.

5. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Thats because everytime Miles does anything wrong that is what many of the, lets call them less than positive, posters do. And because many of them are so strong in their opinion about why everything sucks some feel the need to throw it back in their faces when they are proven wrong.

More than anything, for me at least, it is because many of them don't have the guts to stand up and face the music. Some do, but many don't, and the worst ones are the ones who have been a big part of the point out everything negative crowd and never point out anything positive that have magically slid right into the Woo hoo we're 8-1 and might go 11-1 with a chance to make it to the MNC.

To me those are the worst, because they just go with whatever is the popular sentiment at the time. Now, to the posters who have stood up and accepted that they maybe wrong, to them a big kudos. It takes a real quality person to step up and admit they were wrong. The same as I will should we shyt can the rest of the season and end up with that 8-4 record some were so convinced would be our best.

6. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

I have no problem with the "I told you so" posts. Negatigers have been accused of waiting for Miles to slip in order to say "I told you so", which to me implies that it's a bad thing. Now, I see it from the other side.

7. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

I just love the fact that Miles is slowly taking ammo away from all of those who loathe him.

"He won with Saban's players".. Well, don't look now but Les Miles' players just beat Nick Saban's players. And if he did have Saban's players before, so what.. He did better with them than Saban did.

"He can't manage the clock".. Matter of perspective. He's a risk taker that sometimes gets burnt.

"He can't beat Florida, Bama, Auburn, Ole Miss, or Arkansas.." - Actually, Miles beat Alabama 4 times so far, Florida 3 times (name LSU coaches that have done that), Beat Auburn 4 times, Arkansas 3 times (so far), Ole Miss 3 times (so far).. In other words, he's won more than he's lost against Alabama, Auburn (and possibly Ole Miss and Arkansas.. we'll see).. Florida is the only one that's really given him a hard time, and he's 3-3 with them.

"He's stupid" - yet he's won 59 games, a NC, taken us to two SECCG's, won one of them, been pretty "damned strong" in other bowls and against OOC teams, and if I'm not mistaken he just out coached the end-all be-all of coaches in the SEC.. 2 times this year if you count urban cryer.

"He talks funny" - all coaches do. Some are more fun to listen to than others.

"He's not a good fit here" - He gave up his freaking dream job to stay here.. are you kidding me?

"But he eats grass" - So what... let him smoke it for all I care if he keeps winning. Besides... Show me a coach that's more fun to see in the media..

Not to mention recruiting, clean program, academics, and other insignificant things of that nature...

"I don't care about the facts, I still don't like him."... Now we're getting somewhere.

Do I agree with his decisions all the time? Hell no. Sometimes I wonder what the hell he's thinking, but then I remember all of the above.. and I remember that I'm not a college coach and he is. Maybe, just maybe, he understands aspects of the game I don't. I like LSU's "damn strong" coach.

2 people like this.
  8. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

There is a big difference in the mentality. Most of the sunshine pumpers acknowledge there are issues that need to be addressed, but have faith in CLM and the team to be able to overcome those shortcomings, whereas most of the negatigers only see the negatives and have no faith in CLM or the coaches, and see no hope in that they could overcome anything unless they are replaced. Big difference, one acknowledges shortcomings, the other refuses to acknowledge anything positive. Everything is gloom and doom. It is to those that the “I told you so” response is geared towards.

BTW: for the record I wouldn’t put you in that group. Being realistic and wanting to see things better is not the same as Fire CLM every other breath.

3 people like this.
  9. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

I'm definitely making an effort to not be in that group, mostly for my own sanity.

1 person likes this.
  10. jwp475

jwp475 Freshman

+1......

3. Quit your whining about Les Miles. The man can coach: For about a minute back on Oct. 2 we thought that Tennessee had beaten LSU in Baton Rouge. One review and one toss sweep later LSU had won the game. But I heard from a lot of LSU fans in the aftermath of that game that Les Miles had to go–immediately if not sooner. You called him everything from a clown to names we can’t repeat here. Well, The Mad Hatter coached one of the best games of his career Saturday and it was good enough for No. 10 LSU to upset No. 6 Alabama 24-21. Miles called one daring play after another: A fake punt; a reverse on fourth and one; putting Jarrett Lee back in the game just to throw a long pass out to get LSU out of a hole. Now LSU looks like a team capable of finishing 11-1 and getting back into the national championship discussion. Look, he may not have the stern personality or the rock star aura of a guy like Nick Saban or Urban Meyer, but the man can coach. He has taken a whole lot of garbage from fans and his players have decided they’ve got his back. In fact, his players gave him a game ball after Saturday’s game because of all heat he has taken.

It’s going to be a big week for the Head Ball Coach | Mr. College Football