Les Miles in Iraq

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by USMTiger, Jun 30, 2006.

1. USMTiger

USMTiger Founding Member

I love this guy.

[​IMG]

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

LSU coach Miles visits troops in Iraq

"Miles and the others sometimes wore body armor and helmets, leaving him to make a joke at his own expense about the way the baseball caps he wears during football season sit high on his head.

“You think I look bad in a hat,” Miles said. “I looked like one of those bobbleheads.”

3. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

4. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Kudos to Coach Miles for taking the trip and bringing a touch of home to our troops serving in the Middle East. I just hope none of Coach Holtz's speech techniques rubbed off on him. :lol:

5. clair

clair Rockets

this much is very true

i had the opportunity to run into him on campus for fall-fest, and he was very kind to everyone.

6. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

Talk is cheap, a lot of folk talk say they support our troops. Miles has the cojones to go to a hostile area and tell the troops face to face. You have to respect the man. :thumb: You must respect the troops. :usaflagwa

7. clair

clair Rockets

i agree with you, but with that being said, if a casual person wants go to visit Iraq, I'm not sure the gov't would let them, so you can't just say that you have to visit them to show your support properly

I agree with you 100% though, and i know this isnt what you meant, but i just wanted to sort of clear it up

8. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Nice one, Les!

On another note, I think it's sad that peoples idiotic complaining about the way his hat sits on his head actually got back to him.

9. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

As long as he can laugh it off, it's all good. Besides I wouldn't call it complaining. I'd call it clowning him about it.

10. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

Definitely agree with you. I always wonder which celebs are invited and turn down the invitation. I might not think less of those who stay at home, but I will think more of those that go.